Re: Fwd: How to repair a corrupted MPEG4 file?

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 2:18 PM
      Download the trial version of "expression encoder 2" and try to
      import it.

      I had a FLV with a strange codec (techsmith) last week that I
      couldn't open with ANYTHING.

      I was messing with expression encoder 2 just to familiarize myself
      with it and expression blend.

      As a lark, I tried to import the FLV and it worked.

      It's worth a try.

      http://www.microsoft.com/expression/try-it/default.aspx

      Chuck

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Steve Garfield <steve@...>
      wrote:

      > Forwarded for Christopher Penn:
      >
      > Begin forwarded message:
      >
      > > Christopher Penn asked the following question:
      > > How to repair a corrupted MPEG4 file?
      > >
      > > I have a file I shot with an Xacti CG65 that's an H.264 MPEG4
      file.
      > > When I go to launch it in Quicktime or VLC, I get this error:
      > >
      > > "An invalid public movie atom was found in the file."
      > >
      > > Does anyone know how to repair/recover this kind of file? It used
      > > be with MPEG1 and MPEG2 movies, you could simply slice off the
      first
      > > X bytes of the movie, but MPEG4 is a container format, so it's
      not
      > > headerless.
      > >
      > > I've done the basic Google thing and all of the tips and answers
      > > found so far have not worked. Packages I've tried to open the
      file
      > > with and failed so far include:
      > >
      > > iMovie
      > > Final Cut Pro
      > > VLC
      > > Quicktime
      > > VisualHub
      > >
      > > Thanks for any insights you can offer!
      > >
      > > Christopher S. Penn | cspenn [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com
      > >
      > > The Blog: www.ChristopherSPenn.com
      > > The Speaker: www.AwakenYourSuperhero.com
      > > The Radio: www.MarketingOverCoffee.com
      > > The Money: www.FinancialAidPodcast.com
      > > The Conference: www.PodCamp.org
      > > The Link: www.LinkedIn.com/in/cspenn
      > >
      > > View question:

      http://www.linkedin.com/e/7TLoM8QrxK0ysPLfp7jHe4y5xJO347z15Qr8/blk/558
      599022_2/0QejgTcj8ObPwSd3gOcyZNtChxbOYWrSlI/advq/
      > > Answer question:

      http://www.linkedin.com/e/7TLoM8QrxK0ysPLfp7jHe4y5xJO347z15Qr8/blk/558
      599022_2/0QejgTcj8ObPwSd3gOcyZNomhxbOYWrSlI/adaq/
      > > Reply privately:

      http://www.linkedin.com/e/7TLoM8QrxK0ysPLfp7jHe4y5xJO347z15Qr8/blk/558
      599022_2/39vcz8MejARe3kRbPgVd3sNcz8Le3oQd38ObT5MsChxbOYWrSlI/adrpq/