Re: [videoblogging] How do you find vlogs in another language?

  • Irina
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2008
      did people write you off list?

      On 4/23/08, Raymond M. Kristiansen <raymond.m.kristiansen@...> wrote:

      > Hey all,
      >
      > In the months leading up to the VlogEurope 2008 conference in Budapest
      > (Oct
      > 18.-19.), one of the main topics I will be looking at myself will be
      > "findability". I have written about this in an European context here:
      >
      > http://www.vlogeurope.com/blog/2008/04/23/how-do-you-find-european-videoblogs/
      >
      > How do you find videoblogs from around the world, or the country
      > next-door?
      > A few years ago, VlogMap (www.vlogmap.org) was really useful, but it has
      > since turned out not to be that useful because - well - the database is
      > not
      > very populated. Searching for "Finland" or "Hungary" on Youtube,
      > Dailymotion, Blip, etc doesnt help much either.
      >
      > A few years ago, in connection with his presentation at Reboot 7, Loic Le
      > Meur started this wiki for European blogging which I have consulted now
      > and
      > then:
      > http://www.eu.socialtext.net/loicwiki/index.cgi?the_european_blogosphere -
      > it always helps to have a few first sites in your target language to look
      > at
      > first.
      >
      > If you are travelling to Peru and want to see if there are videobloggers
      > from Peru active - how would you personally go about finding them?
      >
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Raymond M. Kristiansen
      > www.dltq.org
      > <http://www.vlogeurope.com/>

      http://geekentertainment.tv

    • pepa
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2008
        http://mefeedia.com/channels/spanish/
        these are vlogs from spanish speaking people/countries.

        http://pepa.tv
        http://perros.wordpress.com (colectivo)

        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2008
          It'd be interesting if Blip.tv provided a way to find shows by
          language or geography.

          Jen

          On Apr 23, 2008, at 5:04 AM, Raymond M. Kristiansen wrote:

          > Hey all,
          >
          > In the months leading up to the VlogEurope 2008 conference in
          > Budapest (Oct
          > 18.-19.), one of the main topics I will be looking at myself will be
          > "findability". I have written about this in an European context here:
          > http://www.vlogeurope.com/blog/2008/04/23/how-do-you-find-european-videoblogs/
          >
          > How do you find videoblogs from around the world, or the country
          > next-door?
          > A few years ago, VlogMap (www.vlogmap.org) was really useful, but it
          > has
          > since turned out not to be that useful because - well - the database
          > is not
          > very populated. Searching for "Finland" or "Hungary" on Youtube,
          > Dailymotion, Blip, etc doesnt help much either.
          >
          > A few years ago, in connection with his presentation at Reboot 7,
          > Loic Le
          > Meur started this wiki for European blogging which I have consulted
          > now and
          > then:
          > http://www.eu.socialtext.net/loicwiki/index.cgi?the_european_blogosphere
          > -
          > it always helps to have a few first sites in your target language to
          > look at
          > first.
          >
          > If you are travelling to Peru and want to see if there are
          > videobloggers
          > from Peru active - how would you personally go about finding them?
          >
          > Best regards,
          >
          > Raymond M. Kristiansen
          > www.dltq.org
          > <http://www.vlogeurope.com/>

        • pepa
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2008
            actually, jen, you can do that. you can search episodes or shows in
            different languages:
            http://blip.tv/shows/?sort=popularity&language_code=es&page=1
            this one is for shows/episodes in spanish.