Re: [videoblogging] Re: $40000 raised for movie via crowd-sourcing

  • Kary Rogers
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2008
      I've been casually following Jessica Stover (http://www.jessicastover.com/),
      the person behind Artemis Eternal (http://www.artemiseternal.com/), for a
      couple of years. From what I can tell, she's known what she's wanted to do
      from a young age and moved to LA to pursue those dreams. Finding that the
      traditional model of movie making and selling all artistic rights to a
      corporation did not suit her vision for what she wanted to make, she set out
      on her own.

      I find that Jessica's smart and fairly savvy in the burgeoning new media
      landscape. It's not necessarily where her passions lie but she has been
      using it to cultivate a growing group of fans that support her work.

      I really dig the Artemis Eternal site. I'm not a big fan of Flash-only
      sites, but it's really well done. I dropped a few bucks in the paypal
      bucket to support the realization of Jessica's vision and plan to donate
      more in the future.

      Cheers,

      --
      Kary Rogers