My TubeMogul Experience

  • Sheila English
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2008
      I don't work for TubeMogul and I do use HeySpread, Video Uploaded,
      Video Post Robot, Social Poster and any other syndication platforms
      I can find (love Blip.tv!).

      TubeMogul works well for me because of all the features. We use the
      Business Pro level in order to take advantage of extra features and
      analytics. But, the free account is fine for anyone not interested in
      those features.

      Some of the things to be aware of is that not all of sites they
      distribute to are also able to give you analytics. For example, I can
      get demographic and geogrpahic information but only from YouTube and
      Veoh. In order to get Veoh analytics I have to go through TubeMogul
      to set up my players and videos. We own an online tv platform that
      utilizes Veoh so that's going to be a lot of work for us to change
      things over just to get those analytics.

      There are still some growing pains there. I have a scientific
      background and can usually tell at a glance when their stats are off.
      But, for the most part, I find their data to be reliable.

      I also track my competition through TubeMogul which is a great
      benefit to me. And I can track multiple campaigns.

      TubeMogul's backend engineering into each of the sites they
      distribute to is not created equal. Some sites allow TubeMogul full
      access to viewer information, some don't allow that.

      In all fairness, it is a new company and it is definitely more
      advanced than any other of its kind that I have found.