Re: [videoblogging] Re: Crossposting Services: blip.tv & HeySpread

  • Andrew Baron
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 2, 2008
      We've been using TubeMogul daily for Rocketboom for a couple of
      months now, its really great.

      Its super fast too.

      On Mar 2, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Sheila English wrote:

      > I have a preference to TubeMogul as well. I see they just added
      > Viddler. And though I've not seen anything official, I have a hunch
      > they will add imeem. I've seen that site mentioned on the TM site
      > lately.
      >
      > They added Sclipo, but Sclipo is so niche.
      >
      > If you haven't seen TubeMogul's blog you might want to check that
      > out. Very good information there.
      >
      > Sheila
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "danielmcvicar"
      > <danielmcvicar@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I like the tubemogul!
      > >
      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Delongchamp"
      > <pdelongchamp@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I was looking for other crossposting services and found HeySpread.
      > > >
      > > > http://heyspread.com/
      > > >
      > > > It supports the video sharing sites listed below but,
      > unfortunately,
      > > > it's not free. Is anyone aware of other services that allow you to
      > > > upload content for multiple video sites?
      > > >

      > > > Sites supported by HeySpread:
      > > > * Sclipo (tutorials) NEW
      > > > * Sumo.tv NEW
      > > > * sevenload
      > > > * youtube
      > > > * google
      > > > * dailymotion
      > > > * blip
      > > > * metacafe
      > > > * yahoo
      > > > * facebook
      > > > * myspace
      > > > * vimeo
      > > > * revver
      > > > * veoh
      > > > * vsocial
      > > > * photobucket
      > > > * putfile

    • Jill Golick
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
        Thanks for all the advice on cross posting. I used TubeMogul this
        morning and it was pretty straight forward.

        What do you do about marketing on all those sites that you've cross
        posted to? How do you ensure that people take a look.

        Thanks in advance from your local neophyte.

        Jill
        Story2Oh! <http://story2oh.com/>
        boytellsall <http://boytellsall.com/>
        Running With My Eyes Closed <http://jillgolick.com/>

      • Patrick Cook
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
          Hi everyone:

          On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:13 AM, Patrick Delongchamp
          <pdelongchamp@...> wrote:

          > I can't imagine they get many sales with the "Order Now" button on page 12.

          $1.00 for everything they offer? Can anyone here say TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE???

          > On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Chuck <chuckboycejr@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > That site looks like some affiliate marketing service said to the
          > > client: we can sell anything!
          > >
          > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jill Golick <jillgolick@...>
          > > wrote:
          > >

          > > > I took a look at the VideoPostRobot site. Talk about hard sell. I
          > > > thought they were trying to sell me Ginsu knives for a second there.
          > > > It's $19.95 but there's something really sketchy about the site. If
          > > > anyone's tried it, I'd like to hear about the experience.

          As I said....Sounds too good to be true. And we all know what things
          that seem too good to be true are, do we?

          --
          Pat Cook
          Denver, Colorado
          PODCASTS -
          AS MY WORLD TURNS - Blogger Page -
          http://asmyworldturnstv.blogspot.com/ BlogTV Page -
          http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/20453
          AS MY WEIGHT LOSS WORLD TURNS - http://asmyweightlossworldturns.blogspot.com
          PAT'S REAL DEAL VIDEO BLOG - http://patsrealdeal.livejournal.com/
          PAT'S HEALTH & MEDICAL WONDERS VIDEOCAST -
          http://patshealthmedicalwondersvideocast.blogspot.com/
          YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/amwowttv/
          THE PAT COOK SHOW - http://www.livevideo.com/thepcshow
          THE PAT COOK SHOW (Video Podcast) - Blogger Page -
          http://thepctvshow.blogspot.com/ - BlogTV Page -
          http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/19924
          **COMING SOON** - PAT'S CLASSIC TV COMMERCIALS VIDEO PODCAST -
          http://patsclassictvcommercials-ipod.blogspot.com/ (iPod),
          http://patsclassictvcommercials-flash.blogspot.com/ (Flash)
        • Patrick Cook
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
            Hi everyone:

            On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Sheila English <sheila_clover@...> wrote:

            > I have a preference to TubeMogul as well. I see they just added
            > Viddler. And though I've not seen anything official, I have a hunch
            > they will add imeem. I've seen that site mentioned on the TM site
            > lately.
            >
            > They added Sclipo, but Sclipo is so niche.
            >
            > If you haven't seen TubeMogul's blog you might want to check that
            > out. Very good information there.

            SOMEONE please tell me I'm NOT the only one who's skeptical of ANY of
            the aforementioned sites (With the possible exception of TubeMogul).
            I just don't see any future in them myself.

            Is it just me?

            Cheers :D

            --
[...]
          • Sheila English
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
              I use the analytics that TubeMogul provides to see how well my video
              is doing on a particular site. Some sites are better for certain
              topics than others.

              We have a distriubtion staff and 2 people who are our personality on
              each site we distribute to. We are very active, because you have to
              be in order for it to be "social" media as opposed to just a delivery
              platform.

              One thing you might consider is Social Poster. We have been using it
              for about a month now with great success. We have seen a definate
              increase in video views since using Social Poster. You can check it
              out here-
              www.socialposter.com

              We were only able to get it to work by using Firefox though.

              Sheila

              wrote:

              > Thanks for all the advice on cross posting. I used TubeMogul this
              > morning and it was pretty straight forward.
              >
              > What do you do about marketing on all those sites that you've cross
              > posted to? How do you ensure that people take a look.
              >
              > Thanks in advance from your local neophyte.
              >
              > Jill
              > Story2Oh! <http://story2oh.com/>
              > boytellsall <http://boytellsall.com/>
              > Running With My Eyes Closed <http://jillgolick.com/>

            • Ron Watson
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
                Does anybody know how to display performer info on youtube?

                Cheers,

                Ron Watson
                http://k9disc.blip.tv
                http://k9disc.com
                http://discdogradio.com
                http://pawsitivevybe.com

              • Richard Amirault
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 4, 2008
                  From: "Ron Watson"

                  > Does anybody know how to display performer info on youtube?

                  Display "performer info" WHERE on Youtube? On the video itself, or
                  someplace else?

                  Richard Amirault
                  Boston, MA, USA
                  http://n1jdu.org