Re: Crossposting Services: blip.tv & HeySpread

  • Sheila English
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 2, 2008
      I have purchased the Video Post Robot and Upload Video Pro.

      I've tried out the Upload Video Pro and though it is glitchy and
      takes some getting used to, it was worth the price I paid, which was
      $37. I would not pay more than $100 for this program though.

      I am currently working with the Video Post Robot and should be able
      to give you some feedback on that this week.

      I do reviews for online distribution and am always happy to share my
      findings. I just did one on Blip.tv.

      I like Hey!Spread for the cost effectiveness and I really like
      getting the URLs emailed to me.

      I highly recommend TubeMogul. You can get the free "Personal" account
      and it still gives you some tracking. I use a more advanced account
      and feel it is worth what I pay for that.

      If you are using TubeMogul or a similar distribution company I
      recommend taking a close look at the sites they offer. Go to each
      site and see what syndication they have available and either sign up
      or apply for further syndication. Definately take advantage of any of
      the sites that have great RSS feeds. Not all RSS feeds work the same,
      whether they're suppose to or not. I have a preference for Blip and
      Revver. Keep in mind though that Revver is in finacial straights so
      you may not want to depend on RSS feeds from them unless they get
      bought out.

      As a side note: VMIX is going to stop taking video so those of you
      auto-distributing to that site should start seeing rejections coming
      in.

      My company uses auto-distribution services and we can distribute to
      well over 100 sites by going to a total of 3 auto-distribution sites
      to upload our video. That does include book marking sites though.
      Total time for 1 staff member to distribute to 100 sites- 1 to 2
      hours.

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Delongchamp"
      <pdelongchamp@...> wrote:

      > I can't imagine they get many sales with the "Order Now" button on
      page 12.

      > On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Chuck <chuckboycejr@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > LOL!
      > >
      > > As a geek trying to turn entrepreneur I have great compassion on
      people
      > > building something great and then pondering the "how do I let
      people
      > > know about this???" challenge.
      > >
      > > That site looks like some affiliate marketing service said to the
      > > client: we can sell anything!
      > >
      > > I guess entrepreneurs need to learn to sell and fast before
      sinking
      > > and/or creating more unitended parody sites like this...
      > >
      > > I feel their pain.
      > >
      > > Chuck
      > >
      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jill Golick <jillgolick@>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > I took a look at the VideoPostRobot site. Talk about hard
      sell. I
      > > > thought they were trying to sell me Ginsu knives for a second
      there.
      > > > It's $19.95 but there's something really sketchy about the
      site. If
      > > > anyone's tried it, I'd like to hear about the experience.

    • Sheila English
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 2, 2008
        HeySpread isn't free, but it is extremely inexpensive and works like
        a dream.

        <pdelongchamp@...> wrote:

        > I was looking for other crossposting services and found HeySpread.
        >
        > http://heyspread.com/
        >
        > It supports the video sharing sites listed below but, unfortunately,
        > it's not free. Is anyone aware of other services that allow you to
        > upload content for multiple video sites?
        >

        > Sites supported by HeySpread:
        > * Sclipo (tutorials) NEW
        > * Sumo.tv NEW
        > * sevenload
        > * youtube
        > * google
        > * dailymotion
        > * blip
        > * metacafe
        > * yahoo
        > * facebook
        > * myspace
        > * vimeo
        > * revver
        > * veoh
        > * vsocial
        > * photobucket
        > * putfile

      • Sheila English
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 2, 2008
          I have a preference to TubeMogul as well. I see they just added
          Viddler. And though I've not seen anything official, I have a hunch
          they will add imeem. I've seen that site mentioned on the TM site
          lately.

          They added Sclipo, but Sclipo is so niche.

          If you haven't seen TubeMogul's blog you might want to check that
          out. Very good information there.

          Sheila

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "danielmcvicar"
          <danielmcvicar@...> wrote:

          > I like the tubemogul!
          >
          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Delongchamp"
          <pdelongchamp@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I was looking for other crossposting services and found HeySpread.
          > >
          > > http://heyspread.com/
          > >
          > > It supports the video sharing sites listed below but,
          unfortunately,
          > > it's not free. Is anyone aware of other services that allow you to
          > > upload content for multiple video sites?
          > >

          > > Sites supported by HeySpread:
          > > * Sclipo (tutorials) NEW
          > > * Sumo.tv NEW
          > > * sevenload
          > > * youtube
          > > * google
          > > * dailymotion
          > > * blip
          > > * metacafe
          > > * yahoo
          > > * facebook
          > > * myspace
          > > * vimeo
          > > * revver
          > > * veoh
          > > * vsocial
          > > * photobucket
          > > * putfile

        • Andrew Baron
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 2, 2008
            We've been using TubeMogul daily for Rocketboom for a couple of
            months now, its really great.

            Its super fast too.

            On Mar 2, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Sheila English wrote:

            > I have a preference to TubeMogul as well. I see they just added
            > Viddler. And though I've not seen anything official, I have a hunch
            > they will add imeem. I've seen that site mentioned on the TM site
            > lately.
            >
            > They added Sclipo, but Sclipo is so niche.
            >
            > If you haven't seen TubeMogul's blog you might want to check that
            > out. Very good information there.
            >
            > Sheila
            >
            > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "danielmcvicar"
            > <danielmcvicar@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I like the tubemogul!
            > >
            > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Delongchamp"
            > <pdelongchamp@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I was looking for other crossposting services and found HeySpread.
            > > >
            > > > http://heyspread.com/
            > > >
            > > > It supports the video sharing sites listed below but,
            > unfortunately,
            > > > it's not free. Is anyone aware of other services that allow you to
            > > > upload content for multiple video sites?
            > > >

            > > > Sites supported by HeySpread:
            > > > * Sclipo (tutorials) NEW
            > > > * Sumo.tv NEW
            > > > * sevenload
            > > > * youtube
            > > > * google
            > > > * dailymotion
            > > > * blip
            > > > * metacafe
            > > > * yahoo
            > > > * facebook
            > > > * myspace
            > > > * vimeo
            > > > * revver
            > > > * veoh
            > > > * vsocial
            > > > * photobucket
            > > > * putfile

          • Jill Golick
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
              Thanks for all the advice on cross posting. I used TubeMogul this
              morning and it was pretty straight forward.

              What do you do about marketing on all those sites that you've cross
              posted to? How do you ensure that people take a look.

              Thanks in advance from your local neophyte.

              Jill
              Story2Oh! <http://story2oh.com/>
              boytellsall <http://boytellsall.com/>
              Running With My Eyes Closed <http://jillgolick.com/>

            • Patrick Cook
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
                Hi everyone:

                On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:13 AM, Patrick Delongchamp
                <pdelongchamp@...> wrote:

                > I can't imagine they get many sales with the "Order Now" button on page 12.

                $1.00 for everything they offer? Can anyone here say TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE???

                > On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Chuck <chuckboycejr@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > That site looks like some affiliate marketing service said to the
                > > client: we can sell anything!
                > >
                > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jill Golick <jillgolick@...>
                > > wrote:
                > >

                > > > I took a look at the VideoPostRobot site. Talk about hard sell. I
                > > > thought they were trying to sell me Ginsu knives for a second there.
                > > > It's $19.95 but there's something really sketchy about the site. If
                > > > anyone's tried it, I'd like to hear about the experience.

                As I said....Sounds too good to be true. And we all know what things
                that seem too good to be true are, do we?

                --
                Pat Cook
                Denver, Colorado
                PODCASTS -
                AS MY WORLD TURNS - Blogger Page -
                http://asmyworldturnstv.blogspot.com/ BlogTV Page -
                http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/20453
                AS MY WEIGHT LOSS WORLD TURNS - http://asmyweightlossworldturns.blogspot.com
                PAT'S REAL DEAL VIDEO BLOG - http://patsrealdeal.livejournal.com/
                PAT'S HEALTH & MEDICAL WONDERS VIDEOCAST -
                http://patshealthmedicalwondersvideocast.blogspot.com/
                YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/amwowttv/
                THE PAT COOK SHOW - http://www.livevideo.com/thepcshow
                THE PAT COOK SHOW (Video Podcast) - Blogger Page -
                http://thepctvshow.blogspot.com/ - BlogTV Page -
                http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/19924
                **COMING SOON** - PAT'S CLASSIC TV COMMERCIALS VIDEO PODCAST -
                http://patsclassictvcommercials-ipod.blogspot.com/ (iPod),
                http://patsclassictvcommercials-flash.blogspot.com/ (Flash)
              • Patrick Cook
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
                  Hi everyone:

                  On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Sheila English <sheila_clover@...> wrote:

                  > I have a preference to TubeMogul as well. I see they just added
                  > Viddler. And though I've not seen anything official, I have a hunch
                  > they will add imeem. I've seen that site mentioned on the TM site
                  > lately.
                  >
                  > They added Sclipo, but Sclipo is so niche.
                  >
                  > If you haven't seen TubeMogul's blog you might want to check that
                  > out. Very good information there.

                  SOMEONE please tell me I'm NOT the only one who's skeptical of ANY of
                  the aforementioned sites (With the possible exception of TubeMogul).
                  I just don't see any future in them myself.

                  Is it just me?

                  Cheers :D

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
                    I use the analytics that TubeMogul provides to see how well my video
                    is doing on a particular site. Some sites are better for certain
                    topics than others.

                    We have a distriubtion staff and 2 people who are our personality on
                    each site we distribute to. We are very active, because you have to
                    be in order for it to be "social" media as opposed to just a delivery
                    platform.

                    One thing you might consider is Social Poster. We have been using it
                    for about a month now with great success. We have seen a definate
                    increase in video views since using Social Poster. You can check it
                    out here-
                    www.socialposter.com

                    We were only able to get it to work by using Firefox though.

                    Sheila

                    wrote:

                    > Thanks for all the advice on cross posting. I used TubeMogul this
                    > morning and it was pretty straight forward.
                    >
                    > What do you do about marketing on all those sites that you've cross
                    > posted to? How do you ensure that people take a look.
                    >
                    > Thanks in advance from your local neophyte.
                    >
                    > Jill
                    > Story2Oh! <http://story2oh.com/>
                    > boytellsall <http://boytellsall.com/>
                    > Running With My Eyes Closed <http://jillgolick.com/>

                  • Ron Watson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 3, 2008
                      Does anybody know how to display performer info on youtube?

                      Cheers,

                      Ron Watson
                      http://k9disc.blip.tv
                      http://k9disc.com
                      http://discdogradio.com
                      http://pawsitivevybe.com

                    • Richard Amirault
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 4, 2008
                        From: "Ron Watson"

                        > Does anybody know how to display performer info on youtube?

                        Display "performer info" WHERE on Youtube? On the video itself, or
                        someplace else?

                        Richard Amirault
                        Boston, MA, USA
                        http://n1jdu.org