Re: Hourly rates for Video editing

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 1:20 PM
      Check out Craigslist and find out what the market will bear for the
      area where your client is. I have seen clients trying to pay anywhere
      from intern (free) to $17.50/hr to $30/hr in NYC which is a joke. A #3
      at Mickey Dee's cost north of $8 in NYC...

      Anyway, anything less than $75/hr is a waste of time imo, but we'll see
      where all this goes. There are a lot people willing to lose money to
      get experience, buzz...

      You may do better to approach with an entrepreneurial perspective and
      solve a problem for the client rather that trade skill for dollars.

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <campbell79@...> wrote:

      > I am interested in getting feedback on suggested rates for a job I
      > will be doing for a publisher. The job consists of getting finished
      > video, a reviewing the video to get a number of 2 or 3 minute clips,
      > that I will convert to flv format and / or Ipod video format. Also
      > they want me to strip out the audio from one of the presenters
      > (dressed rather flamboyantly) save as mp3 files. It's not the most
      > exciting job, but I do not want to underbid this job.
      >
      > Thanks.
      > Richard

    • davetoole2006
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 4:08 PM
        You might be able to get a few data points from http://www.Bid4Vid.com
        Take a look at the search for producers and there are some rates on their profiles.
        I hope that helps.