Hourly rates for Video editing

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      I am interested in getting feedback on suggested rates for a job I
      will be doing for a publisher. The job consists of getting finished
      video, a reviewing the video to get a number of 2 or 3 minute clips,
      that I will convert to flv format and / or Ipod video format. Also
      they want me to strip out the audio from one of the presenters
      (dressed rather flamboyantly) save as mp3 files. It's not the most
      exciting job, but I do not want to underbid this job.

      Thanks.
      Richard
    • Chuck
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
        Check out Craigslist and find out what the market will bear for the
        area where your client is. I have seen clients trying to pay anywhere
        from intern (free) to $17.50/hr to $30/hr in NYC which is a joke. A #3
        at Mickey Dee's cost north of $8 in NYC...

        Anyway, anything less than $75/hr is a waste of time imo, but we'll see
        where all this goes. There are a lot people willing to lose money to
        get experience, buzz...

        You may do better to approach with an entrepreneurial perspective and
        solve a problem for the client rather that trade skill for dollars.

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <campbell79@...> wrote:

        > I am interested in getting feedback on suggested rates for a job I
        > will be doing for a publisher. The job consists of getting finished
        > video, a reviewing the video to get a number of 2 or 3 minute clips,
        > that I will convert to flv format and / or Ipod video format. Also
        > they want me to strip out the audio from one of the presenters
        > (dressed rather flamboyantly) save as mp3 files. It's not the most
        > exciting job, but I do not want to underbid this job.
        >
        > Thanks.
        > Richard

      • davetoole2006
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
          You might be able to get a few data points from http://www.Bid4Vid.com
          Take a look at the search for producers and there are some rates on their profiles.
          I hope that helps.