Re: Crossposting Services: blip.tv & HeySpread

  • danielmcvicar
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1 1:28 PM
      I like the tubemogul!

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Delongchamp" <pdelongchamp@...>
      wrote:

      > I was looking for other crossposting services and found HeySpread.
      >
      > http://heyspread.com/
      >
      > It supports the video sharing sites listed below but, unfortunately,
      > it's not free. Is anyone aware of other services that allow you to
      > upload content for multiple video sites?
      >

      > Sites supported by HeySpread:
      > * Sclipo (tutorials) NEW
      > * Sumo.tv NEW
      > * sevenload
      > * youtube
      > * google
      > * dailymotion
      > * blip
      > * metacafe
      > * yahoo
      > * facebook
      > * myspace
      > * vimeo
      > * revver
      > * veoh
      > * vsocial
      > * photobucket
      > * putfile

    • Jill Golick
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1 2:02 PM
        I took a look at the VideoPostRobot site. Talk about hard sell. I
        thought they were trying to sell me Ginsu knives for a second there.
        It's $19.95 but there's something really sketchy about the site. If
        anyone's tried it, I'd like to hear about the experience.
      • Chuck
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1 3:05 PM
          LOL!

          As a geek trying to turn entrepreneur I have great compassion on people
          building something great and then pondering the "how do I let people
          know about this???" challenge.

          That site looks like some affiliate marketing service said to the
          client: we can sell anything!

          I guess entrepreneurs need to learn to sell and fast before sinking
          and/or creating more unitended parody sites like this...

          I feel their pain.

          Chuck

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jill Golick <jillgolick@...>
          wrote:

          > I took a look at the VideoPostRobot site. Talk about hard sell. I
          > thought they were trying to sell me Ginsu knives for a second there.
          > It's $19.95 but there's something really sketchy about the site. If
          > anyone's tried it, I'd like to hear about the experience.

        • Sheila English
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 2 11:55 AM
            I have purchased the Video Post Robot and Upload Video Pro.

            I've tried out the Upload Video Pro and though it is glitchy and
            takes some getting used to, it was worth the price I paid, which was
            $37. I would not pay more than $100 for this program though.

            I am currently working with the Video Post Robot and should be able
            to give you some feedback on that this week.

            I do reviews for online distribution and am always happy to share my
            findings. I just did one on Blip.tv.

            I like Hey!Spread for the cost effectiveness and I really like
            getting the URLs emailed to me.

            I highly recommend TubeMogul. You can get the free "Personal" account
            and it still gives you some tracking. I use a more advanced account
            and feel it is worth what I pay for that.

            If you are using TubeMogul or a similar distribution company I
            recommend taking a close look at the sites they offer. Go to each
            site and see what syndication they have available and either sign up
            or apply for further syndication. Definately take advantage of any of
            the sites that have great RSS feeds. Not all RSS feeds work the same,
            whether they're suppose to or not. I have a preference for Blip and
            Revver. Keep in mind though that Revver is in finacial straights so
            you may not want to depend on RSS feeds from them unless they get
            bought out.

            As a side note: VMIX is going to stop taking video so those of you
            auto-distributing to that site should start seeing rejections coming
            in.

            My company uses auto-distribution services and we can distribute to
            well over 100 sites by going to a total of 3 auto-distribution sites
            to upload our video. That does include book marking sites though.
            Total time for 1 staff member to distribute to 100 sites- 1 to 2
            hours.

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 2 11:59 AM
              HeySpread isn't free, but it is extremely inexpensive and works like
              a dream.

              <pdelongchamp@...> wrote:

              > I was looking for other crossposting services and found HeySpread.
              >
              > http://heyspread.com/
              >
              > It supports the video sharing sites listed below but, unfortunately,
              > it's not free. Is anyone aware of other services that allow you to
              > upload content for multiple video sites?
              >

              > Sites supported by HeySpread:
              > * Sclipo (tutorials) NEW
              > * Sumo.tv NEW
              > * sevenload
              > * youtube
              > * google
              > * dailymotion
              > * blip
              > * metacafe
              > * yahoo
              > * facebook
              > * myspace
              > * vimeo
              > * revver
              > * veoh
              > * vsocial
              > * photobucket
              > * putfile

            • Sheila English
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 2 12:02 PM
                I have a preference to TubeMogul as well. I see they just added
                Viddler. And though I've not seen anything official, I have a hunch
                they will add imeem. I've seen that site mentioned on the TM site
                lately.

                They added Sclipo, but Sclipo is so niche.

                If you haven't seen TubeMogul's blog you might want to check that
                out. Very good information there.

                Sheila

                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "danielmcvicar"
                <danielmcvicar@...> wrote:

                > I like the tubemogul!
                >
                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Delongchamp"
                <pdelongchamp@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I was looking for other crossposting services and found HeySpread.
                > >
                > > http://heyspread.com/
                > >
                > > It supports the video sharing sites listed below but,
                unfortunately,
                > > it's not free. Is anyone aware of other services that allow you to
                > > upload content for multiple video sites?
                > >

                > > Sites supported by HeySpread:
                > > * Sclipo (tutorials) NEW
                > > * Sumo.tv NEW
                > > * sevenload
                > > * youtube
                > > * google
                > > * dailymotion
                > > * blip
                > > * metacafe
                > > * yahoo
                > > * facebook
                > > * myspace
                > > * vimeo
                > > * revver
                > > * veoh
                > > * vsocial
                > > * photobucket
                > > * putfile

              • Andrew Baron
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 2 1:04 PM
                  We've been using TubeMogul daily for Rocketboom for a couple of
                  months now, its really great.

                  Its super fast too.

                  On Mar 2, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Sheila English wrote:

                  > I have a preference to TubeMogul as well. I see they just added
                  > Viddler. And though I've not seen anything official, I have a hunch
                  > they will add imeem. I've seen that site mentioned on the TM site
                  > lately.
                  >
                  > They added Sclipo, but Sclipo is so niche.
                  >
                  > If you haven't seen TubeMogul's blog you might want to check that
                  > out. Very good information there.
                  >
                  > Sheila
                  >
                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "danielmcvicar"
                  > <danielmcvicar@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I like the tubemogul!
                  > >
                  > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Delongchamp"
                  > <pdelongchamp@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > I was looking for other crossposting services and found HeySpread.
                  > > >
                  > > > http://heyspread.com/
                  > > >
                  > > > It supports the video sharing sites listed below but,
                  > unfortunately,
                  > > > it's not free. Is anyone aware of other services that allow you to
                  > > > upload content for multiple video sites?
                  > > >

                  > > > Sites supported by HeySpread:
                  > > > * Sclipo (tutorials) NEW
                  > > > * Sumo.tv NEW
                  > > > * sevenload
                  > > > * youtube
                  > > > * google
                  > > > * dailymotion
                  > > > * blip
                  > > > * metacafe
                  > > > * yahoo
                  > > > * facebook
                  > > > * myspace
                  > > > * vimeo
                  > > > * revver
                  > > > * veoh
                  > > > * vsocial
                  > > > * photobucket
                  > > > * putfile

                • Jill Golick
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 3 3:02 PM
                    Thanks for all the advice on cross posting. I used TubeMogul this
                    morning and it was pretty straight forward.

                    What do you do about marketing on all those sites that you've cross
                    posted to? How do you ensure that people take a look.

                    Thanks in advance from your local neophyte.

                    Jill
                    Story2Oh! <http://story2oh.com/>
                    boytellsall <http://boytellsall.com/>
                    Running With My Eyes Closed <http://jillgolick.com/>

                  • Patrick Cook
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 3 5:18 PM
                      Hi everyone:

                      On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:13 AM, Patrick Delongchamp
                      <pdelongchamp@...> wrote:

                      > I can't imagine they get many sales with the "Order Now" button on page 12.

                      $1.00 for everything they offer? Can anyone here say TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE???

                      > On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Chuck <chuckboycejr@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > That site looks like some affiliate marketing service said to the
                      > > client: we can sell anything!
                      > >
                      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jill Golick <jillgolick@...>
                      > > wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > I took a look at the VideoPostRobot site. Talk about hard sell. I
                      > > > thought they were trying to sell me Ginsu knives for a second there.
                      > > > It's $19.95 but there's something really sketchy about the site. If
                      > > > anyone's tried it, I'd like to hear about the experience.

                      As I said....Sounds too good to be true. And we all know what things
                      that seem too good to be true are, do we?

                      --
                      Pat Cook
                      Denver, Colorado
                      PODCASTS -
                      AS MY WORLD TURNS - Blogger Page -
                      http://asmyworldturnstv.blogspot.com/ BlogTV Page -
                      http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/20453
                      AS MY WEIGHT LOSS WORLD TURNS - http://asmyweightlossworldturns.blogspot.com
                      PAT'S REAL DEAL VIDEO BLOG - http://patsrealdeal.livejournal.com/
                      PAT'S HEALTH & MEDICAL WONDERS VIDEOCAST -
                      http://patshealthmedicalwondersvideocast.blogspot.com/
                      YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/amwowttv/
                      THE PAT COOK SHOW - http://www.livevideo.com/thepcshow
                      THE PAT COOK SHOW (Video Podcast) - Blogger Page -
                      http://thepctvshow.blogspot.com/ - BlogTV Page -
                      http://www.blogtv.com/Shows/19924
                      **COMING SOON** - PAT'S CLASSIC TV COMMERCIALS VIDEO PODCAST -
                      http://patsclassictvcommercials-ipod.blogspot.com/ (iPod),
                      http://patsclassictvcommercials-flash.blogspot.com/ (Flash)
                    • Patrick Cook
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 3 5:28 PM
                        Hi everyone:

                        On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Sheila English <sheila_clover@...> wrote:

                        > I have a preference to TubeMogul as well. I see they just added
                        > Viddler. And though I've not seen anything official, I have a hunch
                        > they will add imeem. I've seen that site mentioned on the TM site
                        > lately.
                        >
                        > They added Sclipo, but Sclipo is so niche.
                        >
                        > If you haven't seen TubeMogul's blog you might want to check that
                        > out. Very good information there.

                        SOMEONE please tell me I'm NOT the only one who's skeptical of ANY of
                        the aforementioned sites (With the possible exception of TubeMogul).
                        I just don't see any future in them myself.

                        Is it just me?

                        Cheers :D

                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 3 7:19 PM
                          I use the analytics that TubeMogul provides to see how well my video
                          is doing on a particular site. Some sites are better for certain
                          topics than others.

                          We have a distriubtion staff and 2 people who are our personality on
                          each site we distribute to. We are very active, because you have to
                          be in order for it to be "social" media as opposed to just a delivery
                          platform.

                          One thing you might consider is Social Poster. We have been using it
                          for about a month now with great success. We have seen a definate
                          increase in video views since using Social Poster. You can check it
                          out here-
                          www.socialposter.com

                          We were only able to get it to work by using Firefox though.

                          Sheila

                          wrote:

                          > Thanks for all the advice on cross posting. I used TubeMogul this
                          > morning and it was pretty straight forward.
                          >
                          > What do you do about marketing on all those sites that you've cross
                          > posted to? How do you ensure that people take a look.
                          >
                          > Thanks in advance from your local neophyte.
                          >
                          > Jill
                          > Story2Oh! <http://story2oh.com/>
                          > boytellsall <http://boytellsall.com/>
                          > Running With My Eyes Closed <http://jillgolick.com/>

                        • Ron Watson
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 3 9:06 PM
                            Does anybody know how to display performer info on youtube?

                            Cheers,

                            Ron Watson
                            http://k9disc.blip.tv
                            http://k9disc.com
                            http://discdogradio.com
                            http://pawsitivevybe.com

                          • Richard Amirault
                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 4 4:43 AM
                              From: "Ron Watson"

                              > Does anybody know how to display performer info on youtube?

                              Display "performer info" WHERE on Youtube? On the video itself, or
                              someplace else?

                              Richard Amirault
                              Boston, MA, USA
                              http://n1jdu.org