Videoblogging in Serbia comes next

  • R. Kristiansen
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 1, 2005
      I just spoke with the President of the Serbian political youth party
      GOS (http://www.gos.org.yu) and I told him about our Norwegian
      videoblogging launch and he was very excited about it.

      Within the next two weeks we will have a political party in Serbia
      videoblogging. I will help them out with the technical stuff (free of
      charge), and ...

      Imagine the scope. In 2 months you can ask a question on a comment on
      the GOS weblog, and they can answer you in video.

      Translation will be an issue, but there should be no real problem in
      adding a text layer in QT or similar and as we become more organized
      we can soon have a videoblog entry from Belgrade that is aggregated on
      ANT to thousands of people worldwide, and where the users can choose
      between English, Norwegian, German or French subtitles.

      It is very possible. It will soon be reality.

      Raymond
      http://dltq.blogs.com
    • R. Kristiansen
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hello Drazen, all,

        Thank you Drazen for your suggestions. I will take this up with our
        Serbian friends. But in this case: The head office of GOS / GSS in
        Belgrade has a decent dsl/"broadband" connection. At least the
        political activists in Belgrade then could upload things to say
        ourmedia.org and link to the files directly from their blog/homepage.

        When it comes to more farout places like Jagodina (where I spend days
        when I went to Serbia last time in November) or Zajecar in east
        Serbia, I agree that an alliance with local TV stations is a good
        thing. However, for instance in Jagodina, the situation is that
        Markovic 'Palma' is Mayor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagodina). He
        somewhat controls the content on the TV stations. In fact I think he
        owns a few of them. Anyway, it's a great idea to have a hybrid, and we
        are thinking something similar here in Norway - to get a major
        mainstream TV station to buy a license from us to be able to use our
        videos in a profit manner (we will otherwise use a non-profit Creative
        Commons license).

        We also need to find volunteers in Serbia or abroad who are bilingual
        and are fast typists that can work volunteer as translators for us for
        some time.

        best,

        Raymond
        http://dltq.blogs.com