Re: [videoblogging] Re: unmediated call for info on videoblogging digital still cameras

  • ryanne hodson
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 1, 2005
      ok yeah
      lets start talking about how this is possible
      eli just told me about these real life p2p sharing sites
      where you trade/share your stuff.
      like real stuff.
      like handbags.
      the only prob i see is that shipping costs money
      and i want this to be as free as possible
      esp because we are trying to give these things to people who can't afford them
      etc etc
      maybe we can get sponsored for a project like this.
      and maybe that sponsor could also throw in some cams (like sony,
      cannon, whoever)

      On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 03:53:58 -0000, Eli Chapman
      <opensourcefood@...> wrote:

      > ryanne hodson wrote:
      > > this gives me an idea...
      > > maybe we need to start up a collection of old, but still good,
      > usable
      > > cams, dig and analog
      > > to donate to people who want to start vlogging.
      > > esp people in places far away and those who can't afford new ones
      > >
      > > what say you?
      >
      > I say hoo-freaking-yay!
      >
      > We need:
      > 1. The list of recommended cameras
      > 2. The pool of donated cameras and a system for sharing them
      > 3. An aggregated pool for $$$ donations for those that want to sponsor
      > a videoblogger and help us buy used recommended cameras and share
      > them
      >
      > Anything else?
      >
      > -eli

      we ARE the media.

      new videos daily:
      http://ryanedit.blogspot.com

      Get ANT: The first Video Aggregator
      http://www.antnottv.org

      RSS (subscribe to my blog):
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/RyannesVideoBlog

      What is RSS Ryan?
      http://news.yahoo.com/rss

      ~Ryan Hodson~
      Video Editor/Producer
      http://ryanedit.com
    • R. Kristiansen
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hello Drazen, all,

        Thank you Drazen for your suggestions. I will take this up with our
        Serbian friends. But in this case: The head office of GOS / GSS in
        Belgrade has a decent dsl/"broadband" connection. At least the
        political activists in Belgrade then could upload things to say
        ourmedia.org and link to the files directly from their blog/homepage.

        When it comes to more farout places like Jagodina (where I spend days
        when I went to Serbia last time in November) or Zajecar in east
        Serbia, I agree that an alliance with local TV stations is a good
        thing. However, for instance in Jagodina, the situation is that
        Markovic 'Palma' is Mayor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagodina). He
        somewhat controls the content on the TV stations. In fact I think he
        owns a few of them. Anyway, it's a great idea to have a hybrid, and we
        are thinking something similar here in Norway - to get a major
        mainstream TV station to buy a license from us to be able to use our
        videos in a profit manner (we will otherwise use a non-profit Creative
        Commons license).

        We also need to find volunteers in Serbia or abroad who are bilingual
        and are fast typists that can work volunteer as translators for us for
        some time.

        best,

        Raymond
        http://dltq.blogs.com