Re: [videoblogging] Re: unmediated call for info on videoblogging digital still cameras

  • Michael Sullivan
    Message 1 of 45 , Mar 1, 2005
      regarding 'recams', indeed a nice idea. videoblogging.info might be a
      nice spot to head up and organize such an effort. Or, maybe a similar
      program existt? If so, we can organize a collective effort in
      coordination with another effort. Either way, it is worth doing....
      good karma =)

      Hi Lisa. Thanks for sharing that.. sounds very cool. I actually
      have a DVD full of pxl-2000 videos..... as i was part of the
      project... setting up a pixelvision collaboration project.
      I was thinking of using this camera as my first vlog for 2005.... i
      dont have it modified or anything... but was considering it.
      Do you have links to any of the videos you saw in Venice?

      Cheers,

      sull

      On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 15:30:22 -0000, petertheman <peter@...> wrote:

      > > maybe we need to start up a collection of old, but still good, usable
      > > cams, dig and analog
      > > to donate to people who want to start vlogging.
      > > esp people in places far away and those who can't afford new ones
      > >
      > > what say you?
      >
      > I say brilliant! I have on old one to donate. Brilliant.
      >
      > Peter

      ~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~
      i n t e r d i g i t a t e . c o m
      =====================
    • R. Kristiansen
      Message 45 of 45 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hello Drazen, all,

        Thank you Drazen for your suggestions. I will take this up with our
        Serbian friends. But in this case: The head office of GOS / GSS in
        Belgrade has a decent dsl/"broadband" connection. At least the
        political activists in Belgrade then could upload things to say
        ourmedia.org and link to the files directly from their blog/homepage.

        When it comes to more farout places like Jagodina (where I spend days
        when I went to Serbia last time in November) or Zajecar in east
        Serbia, I agree that an alliance with local TV stations is a good
        thing. However, for instance in Jagodina, the situation is that
        Markovic 'Palma' is Mayor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagodina). He
        somewhat controls the content on the TV stations. In fact I think he
        owns a few of them. Anyway, it's a great idea to have a hybrid, and we
        are thinking something similar here in Norway - to get a major
        mainstream TV station to buy a license from us to be able to use our
        videos in a profit manner (we will otherwise use a non-profit Creative
        Commons license).

        We also need to find volunteers in Serbia or abroad who are bilingual
        and are fast typists that can work volunteer as translators for us for
        some time.

        best,

        Raymond
        http://dltq.blogs.com