Re: [videoblogging] Re: Plugin for Video Comments

  • Charles Iliya Krempeaux
    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 1, 2008
      I would imagine you would see the threaded conversation all on one page.

      (Maybe including the whole message... or with links to the messages.)

      --
      Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.
      http://ChangeLog.ca/

      Motorsport Videos
      http://TireBiterZ.com/

      Vlog Razor... Vlogging News... http://vlograzor.com/

      On Feb 1, 2008 8:25 AM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

      > > it's not necessary that comments be posted directly TO the comment box
      > > on a blog post. I personally feel that the best potential of all is
      > > to track and display the back and forth BETWEEN blogs /vlogs using
      >
      > > Joe vlogs --> Mary vlogs about Joe's post linking directly to Joe's
      > > vlog post --> Joe responds on his vlog linking to Mary's post.
      >
      > > Then via various third party systems and track-back mechanisms this
      > > conversation becomes visible... trackable... and even RSS
      > > subscribe-able... sort of like a tag meme... but much more natural.
      > > All that's MISSING from this equation is the tracker to make this
      > > dialogue that's already happening visible.
      >
      > Hmmmm.....so are you saying we need some service to do track these
      > conversations?
      > tell me how it works from a user's perspective.
      >
      > how does a tracker help me follow conversations across different sites?

      > http://jaydedman.com
      > 917 371 6790
      > Professional: http://ryanishungry.com
      > Personal: http://momentshowing.net
      > Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
      > Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
      > RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9

    • Sull
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 5, 2008
        Charles,

        Regarding semantic markup... Indeed.
        That's why i made mention of XFN earlier to imply that taking the same
        concepts of people relations through semantics (my profiles and
        friends profiles and discovering connections), the same should be
        applied to the conversations being had among these people.

        If you are posting a response to another post (barring
        trackback/pingback/linkback), making use of semantic markup can build
        the graph that can be mapped out and presented logically. a simple
        rel or rev with url to the permalink and/or media file along with
        other sensible extensions is how this thing should sprout

        I've thought a little on what structure can be applied. When thinking
        about media pooling, such as the Semanal video pool.... its not truly
        about commenting, replying and responding. its about contributing and
        participating.
        But a contributed video to Semanal can also be a response to another
        video. So it might make sense to focus on multiple methods and means
        to interconnecting media and people in ways that can be trailed via
        web services and plugins to common platforms such as WP, Drupal etc.

        As far as output... how it all would look and feel. that's maybe a
        bit moot in the beginning stages because once the groundwork is in
        place, then developers and designers can have infinite ways to present
        the relationships and content. I think MIke pointed that out earleir
        in this thread or somewhere. It's all challenging and definately the
        look and feel discussion is important and should be happening
        concurrently... with people doing mockups and prototypes. But some
        level of samepageism needs to be set.

        sull