RE: [videoblogging] Re: HV20 Camera Noise

  • Jake Ludington
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2008
      > For the Solo Video Practitioner:
      >
      > Your statements here are why I advocate simply keeping the camera (a
      > small
      > camera) within 3 feet of the speaking subject for the solo practitioner
      > who
      > wants good sound.

      I would disagree with this for the HV20 - get an external microphone and you
      will get better sound.

      Get a microphone that works well within 3 feet of you or less, put it on a
      stand outside the range of your shot, do some testing then forget about it.
      The videos will sound better.

      If you have the option to record straight to your hard drive and skip the
      tape, even better.

      Jake Ludington

      http://www.jakeludington.com
    • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 6, 2008
        On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:06 am, Christopher Polack wrote:
        > If you monitor via the AV mode, you get a buzz
        > from the video track.

        Could that just be noisy/cheap pre-amps?
        --
        Brian Richardson
        - http://whatthecast.com