Re: [videoblogging] FEEDBACK NEEDED: Space and Logisitcs For Vlog Europe 2008

  • Gabriel Soucheyre
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi

      I know a few interesting places in Budapest which I visited last
      november. As a matter of fact I suggested the idea to Loiez , etc.
      I am doing some research to know better about hthese places and I'll
      let jeffrey know when I have some fresh news !
      best
      Le 1 févr. 08 à 17:36, Raymond M. Kristiansen a écrit :

      > Hey all,
      >
      > First of all, thanks to Jeffrey for doing the research on this. Does
      > anyone
      > who have more experience fom Budapest have other suggestions?
      >
      > I think the idea of having a communal space where we meet is
      > essential. In
      > past VlogEurope sessions we have had clusters of people sharing
      > space, and
      > it has added greatly to the experience of the whole event.
      >
      > The reason why we want these things to be settled already now months
      > before
      > the event is that it enables us to get better deals as well as
      > ensure that
      > our booking does not come so late that everything is occupied.
      >
      > My personal hope is that we can have 2 such clusters settled within
      > a short
      > period of time, and that as we get people filled into the hives, we
      > can
      > begin working on the context of the weekend, finding not only topics
      > cover this year, but also presenters, and a way for the different
      > 'sessions'
      > to lead to something being created (which was a focus introduced
      > during the
      > 06 VlogEurope in Milan).
      >
      > We will be filling the VlogEuerope blog with further information and
      > discussion about topics and ideas over the coming weeks, that is at
      > www.vlogeurope.com
      >
      > So again: If you have better suggestions for spaces in Budapest,
      > please let
      > us know.
      >
      > And yes, of course you are free to just choose your own hotel/hostel
      > that
      > weekend. We will not Force you to eat your breakfast while 8 other
      > people
      > are filming your face :)
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Raymond M. Kristiansen
      > Personal vlog/blog: Don't Lose the Question www.dltq.org
      > VlogEurope www.vlogeurope.com
      >
      > On Feb 1, 2008 4:39 PM, Jeffrey Taylor <thejeffreytaylor@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >> So here's the idea:
      >>
      >> 1. Informal "unconference" weekend, formal goals - no strict
      >> schedule, but
      >> strict context. We'll get into more details about this after we
      >> find the
      >> right space.
      >>
      >> 2. Communal Space in central Budapest where we can cook if we want,
      >> surf
      >> if
      >> we want, sleep if we want and meet when we want
      >>
      >> 3. No sponsors, as they come with expectations.
      >>

      >> I propose this space: http://www.lofthostel.hu/
      >>
      >> I Have not approached anyone yet and time is of the essence, so it's
      >> important I get feedback on this ASAP. If this place doesn't work
      >> out,
      >> I'll
      >> look for something similar.

> [...]

      Gabriel Soucheyre
      gabriel.soucheyre@...

      T + 33 (0) 612 59 27 53
      Skype : callto:gabrielsoucheyre
      my vlogs :
      http://gasprod.blip.tv/
      http://gabriel-soucheyre.jimdo.com/

      Contribuez à la protection de l'environnement, n'imprimez ce mail
      qu'en cas de nécessité
      Help the environment, print out this e-mail only if you need to.