Flash Video Format

  • v1b3n
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2005
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm the newb here, so flog me gently if ask something stupid.

      Here's my current setup (the cheap route):

      Blogger account
      Internet Archive account (storage for video)
      Flickr account

      I'm in the process of starting a vlog, but have a couple questions
      that seemingly stump google.

      I really like the "unique poster frames" for Blogger, but I'm not
      planning on using Quicktime. I'm using FLV (Flash Video Format)
      files. I used the tutorial from below to ad-lib my template. The
      technology specific tags were replaced for the flash stuff. I can
      get my thumbnail pic to show up, but the link for the html file that
      has the embedded .swf file won't show up. Can you link to an html
      file within a poster frame, or am I just crazy?

      http://www.infodesign.no/artikler/Videoblog_with_Blogger_211004.html

      Thanks for this awesome group,

      -TaulPaul
    • v1b3n
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
        Ok, just for sanity's sake, I did the "Unique poster frames" with
        quicktime instead of flash. It worked like a charm.

        I've managed to get a jpg thumbnail to show up. Can the href be an
        html file holding a swf, or does the href have to be the swf itself?

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "v1b3n" <v1b3n@y...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I'm the newb here, so flog me gently if ask something stupid.
        >
        > Here's my current setup (the cheap route):
        >
        > Blogger account
        > Internet Archive account (storage for video)
        > Flickr account
        >
        > I'm in the process of starting a vlog, but have a couple questions
        > that seemingly stump google.
        >
        > I really like the "unique poster frames" for Blogger, but I'm not
        > planning on using Quicktime. I'm using FLV (Flash Video Format)
        > files. I used the tutorial from below to ad-lib my template. The
        > technology specific tags were replaced for the flash stuff. I can
        > get my thumbnail pic to show up, but the link for the html file
        that
        > has the embedded .swf file won't show up. Can you link to an html
        > file within a poster frame, or am I just crazy?

        http://www.infodesign.no/artikler/Videoblog_with_Blogger_211004.html

        > Thanks for this awesome group,
        >
        > -TaulPaul
      • Joshua Kinberg
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          where is your blog so I can view source and check the code. That way I
          can have a better understanding of what the problem is you're running
          into.

          -Josh