FEEDBACK NEEDED: Space and Logisitcs For Vlog Europe 2008

  • Jeffrey Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      So here's the idea:

      1. Informal "unconference" weekend, formal goals - no strict schedule, but
      strict context. We'll get into more details about this after we find the
      right space.

      2. Communal Space in central Budapest where we can cook if we want, surf if
      we want, sleep if we want and meet when we want

      3. No sponsors, as they come with expectations.

      I propose this space: http://www.lofthostel.hu/

      I Have not approached anyone yet and time is of the essence, so it's
      important I get feedback on this ASAP. If this place doesn't work out, I'll
      look for something similar.

      - Is smack dab in the middle of everything in Budapest
      - Can take up to 18 people (we can arrange for other apartments,
      hostels, etc. in the general area once we hit more than 18 people)
      - Has a common room
      - Has a kitchen and free coffee tea
      - Has wifi
      - Costs about 135 Euros/150 US$/�75 for three days (they may cut us a
      deal and make it cheaper as we guarantee occupancy � as I said, I haven't
      talked to them yet)

      What do you think? Please reply to the Vlog Europe Yahoo Group.

      Jeffrey Taylor
      Mobile: +33625497654
      Fax: +33177722734
      Skype: thejeffreytaylor
      Googlechat/Jabber: thejeffreytaylor@...
      http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor

    • Raymond M. Kristiansen
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Hey all,

        First of all, thanks to Jeffrey for doing the research on this. Does anyone
        who have more experience fom Budapest have other suggestions?

        I think the idea of having a communal space where we meet is essential. In
        past VlogEurope sessions we have had clusters of people sharing space, and
        it has added greatly to the experience of the whole event.

        The reason why we want these things to be settled already now months before
        the event is that it enables us to get better deals as well as ensure that
        our booking does not come so late that everything is occupied.

        My personal hope is that we can have 2 such clusters settled within a short
        period of time, and that as we get people filled into the hives, we can
        begin working on the context of the weekend, finding not only topics to
        cover this year, but also presenters, and a way for the different 'sessions'
        to lead to something being created (which was a focus introduced during the
        06 VlogEurope in Milan).

        We will be filling the VlogEuerope blog with further information and
        discussion about topics and ideas over the coming weeks, that is at
        www.vlogeurope.com

        So again: If you have better suggestions for spaces in Budapest, please let
        us know.

        And yes, of course you are free to just choose your own hotel/hostel that
        weekend. We will not Force you to eat your breakfast while 8 other people
        are filming your face :)

        Best,

        Raymond M. Kristiansen
        Personal vlog/blog: Don't Lose the Question www.dltq.org
        VlogEurope www.vlogeurope.com

        On Feb 1, 2008 4:39 PM, Jeffrey Taylor <thejeffreytaylor@...> wrote:

        > So here's the idea:
        >
        > 1. Informal "unconference" weekend, formal goals - no strict schedule, but
        > strict context. We'll get into more details about this after we find the
        > right space.
        >
        > 2. Communal Space in central Budapest where we can cook if we want, surf
        > if
        > we want, sleep if we want and meet when we want
        >
        > 3. No sponsors, as they come with expectations.
        >

        > I propose this space: http://www.lofthostel.hu/
        >
        > I Have not approached anyone yet and time is of the essence, so it's
        > important I get feedback on this ASAP. If this place doesn't work out,
        > I'll
        > look for something similar.
        >

        > - Is smack dab in the middle of everything in Budapest
        > - Can take up to 18 people (we can arrange for other apartments,
        > hostels, etc. in the general area once we hit more than 18 people)
        > - Has a common room
        > - Has a kitchen and free coffee tea
        > - Has wifi
        > - Costs about 135 Euros/150 US$/�75 for three days (they may cut us a
        > deal and make it cheaper as we guarantee occupancy � as I said, I
        > haven't
        > talked to them yet)
        >
        > What do you think? Please reply to the Vlog Europe Yahoo Group.

        > Jeffrey Taylor
        > Mobile: +33625497654
        > Fax: +33177722734
        > Skype: thejeffreytaylor
        > Googlechat/Jabber: thejeffreytaylor@...
        > http://twitter.com/jeffreytaylor

      • Gabriel Soucheyre
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hi

          I know a few interesting places in Budapest which I visited last
          november. As a matter of fact I suggested the idea to Loiez , etc.
          I am doing some research to know better about hthese places and I'll
          let jeffrey know when I have some fresh news !
          best
          Le 1 févr. 08 à 17:36, Raymond M. Kristiansen a écrit :

> [...]
          >>
          >> I Have not approached anyone yet and time is of the essence, so it's
          >> important I get feedback on this ASAP. If this place doesn't work
          >> out,
          >> I'll
          >> look for something similar.
          >>

          >> - Is smack dab in the middle of everything in Budapest
          >> - Can take up to 18 people (we can arrange for other apartments,
          >> hostels, etc. in the general area once we hit more than 18 people)
          >> - Has a common room
          >> - Has a kitchen and free coffee tea
          >> - Has wifi
          >> - Costs about 135 Euros/150 US$/£75 for three days (they may cut
          >> us a
          >> deal and make it cheaper as we guarantee occupancy – as I said, I
          >> haven't
          >> talked to them yet)
          >>
          >> What do you think? Please reply to the Vlog Europe Yahoo Group.

          Gabriel Soucheyre
          gabriel.soucheyre@...

          T + 33 (0) 612 59 27 53
          Skype : callto:gabrielsoucheyre
          my vlogs :
          http://gasprod.blip.tv/
          http://gabriel-soucheyre.jimdo.com/

          Contribuez à la protection de l'environnement, n'imprimez ce mail
          qu'en cas de nécessité
          Help the environment, print out this e-mail only if you need to.