Re: [videoblogging] Re: Best Youtube compression out of Adobe Premiere CS3

  • Ron Watson
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
      How about this, Renat:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSwNz2wu5Gg

      Cheers,
      Ron Watson
      http://k9disc.blip.tv
      http://k9disc.com
      http://discdogradio.com
      http://pawsitivevybe.com

      On Feb 1, 2008, at 6:34 AM, Renat Zarbailov wrote:

      > By the way here is the link to the final video with the compression I
      > mentioned about...
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exvu8Bqx5vQ
      >
      > Is this kick ass quality for youtube or what??
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Renat Zarbailov" <innomind@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > After 2 years of constant search for the ideal compression scheme, I
      > > have finally come to a solution. If you're using Adobe Premiere CS3
      > > and you edit your footage in 16X9 standard definition, simply do the
      > > following.
      > >
      > > 1. Sharpen the video to the point you see some dotty artifacts
      > > appearing in the video (looks like a jpeg still image when highly
      > > compressed)
      > >
      > > 2. Right out of timeline, without even hitting enter to render SD
      > > edited material, go to export, adobe media encoder. Once there under
      > > format choose "Windows Media", and under preset "NTSC Source to
      > > Download 1024kbps", however, that is not all, we will edit this
      > preset
      > > and then save it as a Youtube one for future sweet encoding :)
      > > So now, in the video tab...
      > >
      > > BASIC VIDEO SETTINGS make sure you have the following;
      > > Allow interlaced processing - unchecked
      > > Encoding passes - Two
      > > Bitrate mode - Constant
      > > Frame W/H 640X480
      > > Frame rate 29.97 but depending on your footage (some people shoot in
      > > 24 frames)
      > > Pixel aspect ration (important) - D1 DV NTSC (0.9) this is 4X3
      > > although the original footage is 16X9
      > >
      > > BITRATE SETTINGS
      > > Maximum bitrate - 3,739.63 (yes under 4mbps)
      > > Image quality - 100
      > >
      > > ADVANCED SETTINGS
      > > Decoder complexity - Main
      > > Keyframe interval - 5
      > > Buffer size - Default
      > >
      > > Now go to "Audio" tab
      > >
      > > change Audio format to 192kbps 44 stereo VBR
      > >
      > > 3. Hit OK on the bottom (you will see that the estimated file
      > size is
      > > beyond 100mb allowed by youtube but don't worry, if you go the
      > > approach described below all will be fine). Save to file to you har
      > drive.
      > >
      > > 4. Log in to youtube and at the upload page, on the right hand side
      > > you will see a new "Multi video uploaded" button to upload files
      > > larger than 100MB or upload many files at once!
      > >
      > > That's it! :)
      > >
      > > If you have achieved better quality using Premiere CS3 I sure would
      > > like to hear about it.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Renat of Innomind.org and Mr.Thyself.com

    • Renat Zarbailov
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
        Yeah but your footage is not handheld. When the cam is on a tripod the
        footage in most cases looks great, especially if the scene is well lit.

        Now, you were talking about blurring the video instead of sharpening
        it?? Did I miss something? I mean those examples looked nice but I am
        sure if you would have sharpened them they would look even better.

        Also, I noticed a weird thing about youtube yesterday. When I opened
        that same resulting video
        (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exvu8Bqx5vQ)in Internet Exploer 6, the
        video looked not as sharp as on Firefox 2. Another thing I noticed is
        when you press that little screen button on youtube player on that
        video it doesn't scale down. Which made me wonder if youtube is wising
        up and finally using the H.264 engine, hence the very sharp video.

        What are your thoughts on this guys?

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2008
          All of the other footage is handheld.
          Try to blur your video. It works. It was not a typo.

          Cheers,

          Ron Watson
          http://k9disc.blip.tv
          http://k9disc.com