Re: [videoblogging] Re: Plugin for Video Comments

  • Adrian Miles
    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 1, 2008
      On 01/02/2008, at 4:33 PM, Mike Meiser wrote:

      > I'll have to read up on your word to get your meaning... But I
      > disagree that when we talk about video commenting we're ONLY talking
      > about putting videos into comments on people's blogs... I would
      > suggest we instead include vlog to vlog comments in this general
      > discussion of "video commenting"... and drag it out into the open.

      yeah, that's a much better way of thinking about it. in the same way
      that we don't call one blog post writing about someone else's blog
      post and linking to it 'blog commenting' but just blogging, so it
      should be for video blogging.

      cheers
      Adrian Miles
      adrian.miles@...
      bachelor communication honours coordinator
      vogmae.net.au
    • Sull
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 5, 2008
        Charles,

        Regarding semantic markup... Indeed.
        That's why i made mention of XFN earlier to imply that taking the same
        concepts of people relations through semantics (my profiles and
        friends profiles and discovering connections), the same should be
        applied to the conversations being had among these people.

        If you are posting a response to another post (barring
        trackback/pingback/linkback), making use of semantic markup can build
        the graph that can be mapped out and presented logically. a simple
        rel or rev with url to the permalink and/or media file along with
        other sensible extensions is how this thing should sprout

        I've thought a little on what structure can be applied. When thinking
        about media pooling, such as the Semanal video pool.... its not truly
        about commenting, replying and responding. its about contributing and
        participating.
        But a contributed video to Semanal can also be a response to another
        video. So it might make sense to focus on multiple methods and means
        to interconnecting media and people in ways that can be trailed via
        web services and plugins to common platforms such as WP, Drupal etc.

        As far as output... how it all would look and feel. that's maybe a
        bit moot in the beginning stages because once the groundwork is in
        place, then developers and designers can have infinite ways to present
        the relationships and content. I think MIke pointed that out earleir
        in this thread or somewhere. It's all challenging and definately the
        look and feel discussion is important and should be happening
        concurrently... with people doing mockups and prototypes. But some
        level of samepageism needs to be set.

        sull