Re: Plugin for Video Comments

  • Frank Sinton
    Message 1 of 71 , Feb 1, 2008
      Mike is correct in that Mefeedia does have a lot of the data that
      could make video conversation tracking possible. I hope we can do
      something with this soon. We are working on putting the search
      technology in place that should be making setting up these "memes"
      possible for any user, we hope.

      Regards,
      Frank

      http://www.mefeedia.com - Discover the Video Web

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Meiser"
      <groups-yahoo-com@...> wrote:

      > On 2/1/08, Adrian Miles <adrian.miles@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On 01/02/2008, at 4:33 PM, Mike Meiser wrote:
      > >
      > > > Are you farmilliar with the Ted Nelson Exanadu project and it's MANY
      > > > MANY ill fated inspired projects? It's truely fascinating. A sort of
      > > > wikipedia for media concept. EVERYTHING is interefernceable. A
      sort of
      > > > mythic beast / grail quest project with a slippery slope.
      > >
      > > on the way home but can't resist a quick boast. I'm the recipient of
      > > the 2001 3rd Ted Nelson Award for "Hypertext Structure as the Event of
      > > Connection" (annual hypertext conference that year in Aarhus - nod to
      > > Andreas). Ted was there, intertwingling is my mantra :-)
      >
      > Haha!
      >
      > Mike roles on floor laughing.
      >
      > You freak! :)
      >
      > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intertwingularity
      >
      > Maybe I should drop the terms recontext, intermediation singularity
      > and just start addopting intertwingling, intertwingularity,
      > intertwingledness and many other great derivatives.
      >
      > You realize you're scaring everyone right?
      >
      > "Incredibly mundane" is the term I think most would use to describe
      > the majority of this conversation.
      >
      > -Mike
      >
      > > cheers
      > > Adrian Miles
      > > adrian.miles@...
      > > bachelor communication honours coordinator
      > > vogmae.net.au
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Sull
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 5, 2008
        Charles,

        Regarding semantic markup... Indeed.
        That's why i made mention of XFN earlier to imply that taking the same
        concepts of people relations through semantics (my profiles and
        friends profiles and discovering connections), the same should be
        applied to the conversations being had among these people.

        If you are posting a response to another post (barring
        trackback/pingback/linkback), making use of semantic markup can build
        the graph that can be mapped out and presented logically. a simple
        rel or rev with url to the permalink and/or media file along with
        other sensible extensions is how this thing should sprout

        I've thought a little on what structure can be applied. When thinking
        about media pooling, such as the Semanal video pool.... its not truly
        about commenting, replying and responding. its about contributing and
        participating.
        But a contributed video to Semanal can also be a response to another
        video. So it might make sense to focus on multiple methods and means
        to interconnecting media and people in ways that can be trailed via
        web services and plugins to common platforms such as WP, Drupal etc.

        As far as output... how it all would look and feel. that's maybe a
        bit moot in the beginning stages because once the groundwork is in
        place, then developers and designers can have infinite ways to present
        the relationships and content. I think MIke pointed that out earleir
        in this thread or somewhere. It's all challenging and definately the
        look and feel discussion is important and should be happening
        concurrently... with people doing mockups and prototypes. But some
        level of samepageism needs to be set.

        sull