HV20 Camera Noise

  • Josh Leo
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 31, 2008
      For all you HV20 owners out there, I have a problem (and I know Kent Bye has
      the same issue)

      Camera Noise!!

      Check out all the camera noise in this video I made with the camera:
      http://vimeo.com/475731

      Lots of high-pitched noise
      obviously this is because the internal mic is so close to the tape
      mechanism. And obviously, when the room is quiet the auto-gain ettenuator
      makes that noise even louder.

      I have used lapel mics to get rid of the noise and that works great, but I
      want a solution for when I am just filming other people and things. I
      thought about getting a shotgun mic but I am not sure if it would help as
      much as I want it to.

      so I am asking these questions:

      - does your HV20 camera make this much noise?
      - what do you do to stop the camera noise?
      - what kind of shotgun works well with the camera?

      --
      Josh Leo

      www.JoshLeo.com
      www.ultrakawaii.com
      www.WanderingWestMichigan.com
      www.SlowLorisMedia.com

    • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 6, 2008
        On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:06 am, Christopher Polack wrote:
        > If you monitor via the AV mode, you get a buzz
        > from the video track.

        Could that just be noisy/cheap pre-amps?
        --
        Brian Richardson
        - http://whatthecast.com