Plugin for Video Comments

    Message 1 of 71 , Jan 30, 2008
      for those of you using Wordpress, Davod Meade craeted a whole new
      plugin for video comments:
      http://www.davidmeade.com/wordpress-plugins#videoComments

      It seems works much better than what we were using Semanal:
      http://semanal.org/2008/01/27/week-5-2008-video-commenting-is-live/

      The plugin adds some extra fields to the comment area.
      The video comment then shows up as a clickable thumbnail and lays
      inline if you also have vPIP installed.

      This is a good example of old fashioned team work.

      http://jaydedman.com
      917 371 6790
      Professional: http://ryanishungry.com
      Personal: http://momentshowing.net
      Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
      Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
      RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9
    • Sull
      Message 71 of 71 , Feb 5, 2008
        Charles,

        Regarding semantic markup... Indeed.
        That's why i made mention of XFN earlier to imply that taking the same
        concepts of people relations through semantics (my profiles and
        friends profiles and discovering connections), the same should be
        applied to the conversations being had among these people.

        If you are posting a response to another post (barring
        trackback/pingback/linkback), making use of semantic markup can build
        the graph that can be mapped out and presented logically. a simple
        rel or rev with url to the permalink and/or media file along with
        other sensible extensions is how this thing should sprout

        I've thought a little on what structure can be applied. When thinking
        about media pooling, such as the Semanal video pool.... its not truly
        about commenting, replying and responding. its about contributing and
        participating.
        But a contributed video to Semanal can also be a response to another
        video. So it might make sense to focus on multiple methods and means
        to interconnecting media and people in ways that can be trailed via
        web services and plugins to common platforms such as WP, Drupal etc.

        As far as output... how it all would look and feel. that's maybe a
        bit moot in the beginning stages because once the groundwork is in
        place, then developers and designers can have infinite ways to present
        the relationships and content. I think MIke pointed that out earleir
        in this thread or somewhere. It's all challenging and definately the
        look and feel discussion is important and should be happening
        concurrently... with people doing mockups and prototypes. But some
        level of samepageism needs to be set.

        sull