Is Chipin any good?

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 19, 2008
      I'm curious about ChipIn, since I see a few people on here are using it.

      Is it pretty reliable? I've tried to visit the site a few times today,
      but was only able to access it briefly.

      Thanks,

      Chris
    • noel hidalgo
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 19, 2008
        chip in rocks! i've used them for the past year and whenever i've had
        hickups, they've patted my back and fed me warm milk.

        good people, good product. oh, and they are drupalistas which in my
        book is a good cookie to have.

        :* = cookie in beard.

        noneck
        --
        join me on a trip around the world!
        http://ontheluckofseven.com

        noel hidalgo
        [ skype ] nonecknoel
        [ twitter ] http://twitter.com/noneck
        [ email/jabber/aim ] noel[a]noneck.org
        http://www.dopplr.com/traveller/noneck
        http://www.couchsurfing.com/people/nonecknoel
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 19, 2008
          That's endorsement enough for me! Thanks, Noel.

          Chris

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "noel hidalgo" <noel@...> wrote:

          > chip in rocks! i've used them for the past year and whenever i've had
          > hickups, they've patted my back and fed me warm milk.
          >
          > good people, good product. oh, and they are drupalistas which in my
          > book is a good cookie to have.
          >
          > :* = cookie in beard.
          >
          > noneck
          > --
          > join me on a trip around the world!
          > http://ontheluckofseven.com
          >
          > noel hidalgo
          > [ skype ] nonecknoel
          > [ twitter ] http://twitter.com/noneck
          > [ email/jabber/aim ] noel[a]noneck.org
          > http://www.dopplr.com/traveller/noneck
          > http://www.couchsurfing.com/people/nonecknoel

        • ryanne hodson
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 20, 2008
            i really like chip in as well
            because it's got sweet graphic design
            and it's easy to put on any site

            the things i wish it had:
            -link backs to donators
            -design customize-ablity
            -monthly pledge option

            show in a box crew (markus sandy mostly)
            is further developing pledge drive to have these things
            (which is the wordpress plug in we built for have money will vlog):

            http://showinabox.tv/download/pledge-drive/

            this will be fully customize-able to your site
            and it'll have links back (like credits!) to all your donators

            see what it looked like on HMWV:
            http://havemoneywillvlog.com/2006/10/23/lost-in-light/

            cheers!
            -ryanne

            On Jan 20, 2008 4:22 AM, Chris <cjburdick@...> wrote:

            > That's endorsement enough for me! Thanks, Noel.
            >
            > Chris

            > "noel hidalgo" <noel@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > chip in rocks! i've used them for the past year and whenever i've had
            > > hickups, they've patted my back and fed me warm milk.
            > >
            > > good people, good product. oh, and they are drupalistas which in my
            > > book is a good cookie to have.
            > >
            > > :* = cookie in beard.
            > >
            > > noneck
            > > --
            > > join me on a trip around the world!
            > > http://ontheluckofseven.com
            > >
            > > noel hidalgo
            > > [ skype ] nonecknoel
            > > [ twitter ] http://twitter.com/noneck
            > > [ email/jabber/aim ] noel[a]noneck.org
            > > http://www.dopplr.com/traveller/noneck
            > > http://www.couchsurfing.com/people/nonecknoel

            --
            Me ----> http://RyanEdit.com
            Twitter------>http://twitter.com/Ryanne

          • Michael Ambs
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 20, 2008
              Yes :) I've been using ChipIn for a few years now for Project Pedal
              and they are secure, reliable, quick to answer questions, etc. I've
              had no problems with them.

              Michael Ambs - Project Pedal
              email - mike@...
              gtalk - mike1630
              skype me - mike_1630

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 20, 2008
                > Yes :) I've been using ChipIn for a few years now for Project Pedal
                > and they are secure, reliable, quick to answer questions, etc. I've
                > had no problems with them.

                can you skin the Chipin widget to fit the look of your site?

                http://jaydedman.com
                917 371 6790
                Professional: http://ryanishungry.com
                Personal: http://momentshowing.net
                Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
                Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9
              • noel hidalgo
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 21, 2008
                  out of the box, you can select from a handful of colors and sizes. if
                  you have specific requests, you can always ask the support team.
                  otherwise, you can hack the flash code until you break it.

                  :*
                  noel

                  On Jan 20, 2008 2:41 PM, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

                  > > Yes :) I've been using ChipIn for a few years now for Project Pedal
                  > > and they are secure, reliable, quick to answer questions, etc. I've
                  > > had no problems with them.
                  >
                  > can you skin the Chipin widget to fit the look of your site?

                  > http://jaydedman.com
                  > 917 371 6790
                  > Professional: http://ryanishungry.com
                  > Personal: http://momentshowing.net
                  > Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
                  > Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                  > RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9

                • Tim Street
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 31, 2008
                    I see that Noel, Jay, Chris and Ryanne were talking about ChipIn back
                    in January.

                    Is anyone currently using ChipIn to raise funds to make videos?

                    http://www.chipin.com/

                    Tim Street
                    1timstreet@...
                    http://1timstreet.com/blog
                    http://twitter.com/1timstreet
                  • Chris
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 31, 2008
                      Hi Tim,

                      ChipIn did quite well for me the first few months I used it - I made a
                      little over $600, I think - but then the drop off was pretty rapid.

                      I don't blame ChipIn for the drop off, of course; like any tool, how
                      well it works depends largely on how smartly you use it.

                      I found it to be a very reliable service, though. I have no complaints
                      at all about the functionality of their widgets, and there was no
                      delay at all in the funds showing up in my PayPal account.

                      So yeah, I heartily recommend ChipIn...

                      Hope that helps,
                      Chris

                      http://myspace.com/necropol
                      http://penelopespantyhose.com

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 31, 2008
                        On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:04 PM, Tim Street <1timstreet@...> wrote:
                        > I see that Noel, Jay, Chris and Ryanne were talking about ChipIn back
                        > in January.
                        > Is anyone currently using ChipIn to raise funds to make videos?

                        Not sure how it is now, but its just a solid system for setting a
                        financial goal and accepting payments.
                        obviously, it does nothing to actually raise money for you.

                        http://jaydedman.com
                        917 371 6790
                      • Chris
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 1, 2008
                          > Not sure how it is now, but its just a solid system for setting a
                          > financial goal and accepting payments.
                          > obviously, it does nothing to actually raise money for you.

                          NOW you tell me! ;)

                          Chris

                          http://myspace.com/necropol
                          http://penelopespantyhose.com
                        • liza jean
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 1, 2008
                            www.e-junkie.com

                            when i signed on to e-junkie today to send a free movie to the lady
                            at the consignment shop who sold me some nice Daredoll boots
                            yesterday at half price and another free movie to her nephew in
                            college, this was e-junkie's tiny little new banner:

                            4,300 merchants, $4.5 million in october sales

                            only a few thousand of those dollars were ours. for which we gave
                            them a fixed monthly rent. (6 gigs of storage = $225 monthy bite, no
                            matter how many downloads are sent)

                            in which i ask, is selling individual products the same as raising
                            funds if no advertising or media notice is involved?

                            Message 13 of 13 , Nov 7, 2008
                              no, but now that i'm unemployed again... it doesn't sound like a bad
                              idea. ;)

                              you should also check out spot.us - if you're working on news or
                              investigative pieces.

                              noneck