Re: more of the same ... double take time

  • bordercollieaustralianshepherd
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2008
      This turns out to be a Debunked story but sounds like the plan (RIAA)
      is to use the legal system to tie up multiple ends of the problem so
      that there would be a kind of circle of laws. The trouble with quick
      reads is mistakes happen in either the interpretation/understanding or
      the reporting is flawed. In this case the reporting was flawed I did
      not verify beyond a reading a repeat of the same story elsewhere.

      RIAA not suing over CD ripping, still kinda being jerks about it
      "....the big change from previous downloading cases is the RIAA's
      newfound aggressiveness in calling MP3s ripped from legally owned CDs
      "unauthorized copies" -- something it's been doing quietly for a
      while, but now it looks like the gloves are off. While there's a
      pretty good argument for the legality of ripping under the market
      factor of fair use, it's never actually been ruled as such by a judge
      -- so paradoxically, the RIAA might be shooting itself in the foot
      here, because a judge wouldn't ever rule on it unless they argue that
      it's illegal. Looks like someone may end up being too clever for their
      own good, eh?" http://peaurl.com/8nfL

      Pawn Shops the "Music on CD, junkyards of Today". Get ya some Cheap!

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "bordercollieaustralianshepherd"