Re: [videoblogging] Re: Streaming or what....

  • Adrian Miles
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 24, 2005
      around the 24/2/05 Julian Doncaster \(Yahoo1\) mentioned about Re:
      [videoblogging] Re: Streaming or what.... that:
      >Let me try and clarify.
      >
      >On the video side, when I am creating a video I am specifying a data rate
      >for the connection - anything between 56kpps and 512kbps depending on what
      >is needed. Within that, I am specifying an audio data rate (and mono/stereo)
      >and a video rate. The video is optimised around that data rate, and I can
      >specify all sorts of options. I can also specifying the degree of
      >"pre-loading". Now - that is certainly optimised for a defined data rate
      >rendered on a frame by frame basis as it downloads, but what do you call it?
      >
      >Microsoft (wmp help) would call it streaming:

      that's what apple calls fast start and it isn't what the industry
      calls streaming which is real time delivery. QT does this (unless
      i've misunderstood your description) automagically. it is where the
      movie will only start playing once it determines it has enough data
      to do so without having to stop to wait for more (which is my fast
      start does not equal instant start).
      --
      cheers
      Adrian Miles