Re: [videoblogging] Question: Embeded Player

  • Michael Sullivan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
      Hi,
      Check this article out on how to make popups with embedded media in
      them.. This is one approach:

      http://www.videoblogging.info/archives/how-to-use-some-php-and-javascript-to-launch-a-dynamic-popup-window/

      To generate some embed code for your media.... refer to this web based
      generator that may help you get things done faster if all you plan on
      doing is copy/pasting into your posts:

      http://cit.ucsf.edu/embedmedia/step1.php

      Keep in mind that even if you do not AutoStart your embedded emdia, it
      will still get downloaded to users puter. You should avoid this
      scenario and only have the media download when the users chooses to
      view it (ie. popup window or new page or iframes etc.)

      Good Luck.

      sull

      On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:38:20 -0000, Nikos <ndrandakis@...> wrote:

      > Hello all
      >
      > I'm new in Video blogging, and my question may sound stupid to
      > experienced bloggers. I want to embed Windows and Real players in my
      > blog posts, so I can give the option to my users select their
      > preffered Player.
      >
      > I also consider of playing my video clips in a new pop-up window
      > (with the Player embeded again) when they click in the screenshot.
      > Can you point me to a web page giving detailed help on all this?
      >
      > Thank you in advance.
      >
      > Nick

      i n t e r d i g i t a t e . c o m