Re: NowPublic.com

  • bayareablog
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
      maybe I was unclear in my comments...sorry for that

      nowpublic looks like a great thing to me...

      my next point...with cameras and camcorders being everywhere I see a
      backlash of sorts coming...that was my point

      why that got snipped out of my post I don't know but I can see how
      someone would be confused if 1/3 of someone's comments are missing

      why do I see a backlash coming (eventually)?

      in short...money...in the form of insurance...control of a
      message...and who knows?

      maybe I'm way off but I can see places and events becoming stricter
      and stricter about a "no camera" policy

      sites like nowpublic encourage A GOOD THING...repeat...it's a good
      thing...but with cameras, camcorders, vlogs and computers being
      everywhere those who have the power will turn to "access denied" as
      a means to control what is said about them and things they "control"

      money will buy that access was another point I was making

      I actually see it already in the work I try to do...

      I hope I am wrong because I am someone who wants MORE not LESS
      public "casting" of thoughts, news, ideas, and opinions

      thanks for listening
      mike

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jeeper One TV <kpdcnettv@c...>
      wrote:
      > Hi everyone:
      >
      > At 11:38 PM 2/26/2005, you wrote:
      >

      > >that's it...one part of the future of vlogging
      > >
      > >now imagine everywhere you go are legions of photographers and
      > >videographers taking hundreds of photos...everywhere is a press
      > >conference
      >
      > [snip....]
      >
      > >those with money are back on top
      > >
      > >the more things change...the more they stay the same
      > >
      > >then again maybe I'm just tired
      >
      > Huh? *scratching head*
      >
      > Either it's just me or Mike's point (if he really had one to begin
      with)
      > flew over my head.
      >
      > I don't see ANYTHING negative about NowPublic.com In fact, I
      think it'd be
      > very interesting to see how this site develops. Most intriguing
      indeed.

      > Thoughts anyone?
      >
      > Cheers for now everyone :)
      >
      > Patrick Cook