post Day 1 of videoblog week

  • Jay Dedman
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 20, 2004
      The videos look good.
      And thanks to andreas for making the link page.
      Peter and I walked around Central Park this afternoon, discussing all the
      boundaries of videoblogging.
      Then i see what people can do.

      I got a confession to make:
      Ive had a blog for awhile now and I just found out about "bookmarklets"
      today. Ive been posting by logging into Typepad and writing out each blog.
      Ridiculous. I'm going to post 5 times a day now.
      We need a videoblogging tool just as simple as a bookmarklet.
      Most people can't really edit video. Or know how to compress video. or write
      code for enclosures.
      You need a simple tool that people click and then walks them through the
      process. Like Peter says, videoblogging must "scale" and be accessible to
      everyone.
      I'm on the hunt for the most forward thinking programmer who can do open
      this door.

      See you tomorrow for day 2 of Videoblog Week.

      --
      Jay Dedman
      Manhattan Neighborhood Network