the Rise Up! Network Vlog

  • Josh Wolf
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2005
      Some of you may have applied to be a digital correspondent at INdTV,
      out of the San Francisco meet-ups that were coordinated through the
      Unofficial INdTV forum (no longer active) I helped to form a media
      collective, The Rise Up! Network (RUN) which we hope to develop into a
      media production cooperative and distribution network. We are currently
      in the process of obtaining non-profit status and developing our
      web-site. We hope to provide DVD and CD distribution for media projects
      through a grass-roots street team approach at local retailers, create
      an online store, coordinate film screenings, and network with public
      access stations across the country. If you're interested in becoming a
      part of the Rise Up! Network, please subscribe to our e-mail list by
      sending a message to riseupnetwork@... -- if you're in the
      bay area, we will be meeting Sunday evening at 6PM at my house in SF.
      Drop me an e-mail and I'll send you the address.

      I've also gone ahead and created a vlog for RUN which can be accessed
      at www.riseupnetwork.blogspot.com -- the feed can be accessed at
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/RUN -- I will probably be posting my films
      on the RUN vlog and publish more personal videos to my own vlog -- does
      anyone know if ANT will avoid DLing derivative files?

      Michael Verdi's *vlog anarchy* post has totally made me think about
      vlogs as both a technical tool, and an evolution of the blog community.
      Blogs themselves have actually diverged into two similar paths, and I
      think it makes sense for Vlogs to do the same. One the one hand, there
      are personal blogs, these can range from being totally biographic to
      highly political but oftentimes are written from a very personal POV.
      On the other hand, there are blogs like slashdot and dailykos which
      seem like they are of an entirely different beast. Both are blogs
      though, right?

      Just a bit of digression there... sorry about that...

      Josh

      "We can bomb the world to pieces, but we can't bomb it into to peace."
      "Power to the peaceful!"

      Spearhead - Bomb the World