Re: [videoblogging] Introduction & Web Video Summit NY

  • Susan Buck
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
      Sorry - dont know why the link got broken up -
      http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
      fall-2007

      This is the desc. for mondays events

      When : Mon Dec 10 (3-7pm)
      Where : Roosevelt Hotel
      Price : $40

      Just a few years ago, most of us couldn't even imagine sending
      digital videos to our technologically illiterate relatives. However,
      with the advent of YouTube and other Luddite-proof platforms, online
      videos are fast becoming a fixture in our lives. Today, Rocketboom
      founder Andrew Baron, Alive in Baghdad's Brian Conley, Dina Kaplan of
      Blip.tv, and a cadre of digital-media pioneers convene at the
      Roosevelt Hotel to discuss the economic, social, cultural, and
      creative possibilities of this brave new media � beyond scuba-diving
      cats, that is.

      And here's the link to the actual conference http://
      www.webvideosummit.com/index.php

      On Dec 5, 2007, at 2:16 PM, Jill H wrote:

      > i would like to go as well.. irina are you around?
      >
      > On Dec 5, 2007 2:05 PM, Adriana Kaegi <a_kaegi@...> wrote:
      >
      > > would be interested in attending wanted more info but
      > > the link does not work? can you check it and post it
      > > again or simply state when and where and what to
      > > expect...please.
      > > a new york social-cultural video bloger
      > > http://dearaddy.com
      > >
      > > --- Susan Buck <pixelsandcursors@... <pixelsandcursors%
      > 40gmail.com>>
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hey everyone -
      > > >
      > > > Two things -
      > > >
      > > > First... is anyone else attending the Web Video
      > > > Summit in NYC this
      > > > coming week?
      > > >
      > > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
      > > >
      > > > fall-2007
      > > > I'll be attending monday's session which will have
      > > > andrew baron, dina
      > > > kaplan, brian conley and others.
      > > >
      > > > Second...I need to introduce myself because I
      > > > haven't yet! : )
      > > > I'm a graduate student at a program called
      > > > Interactive
      > > > Telecommunications at NYU. Ive been doing all sorts
      > > > of multimedia
      > > > since undergrad and as I come up on my final thesis
      > > > - I've decided to
      > > > create an internet television show. So - as you can
      > > > imagine - this
      > > > list has been / will continue to be a great
      > > > resource. I look forward
      > > > to learning lots from you all : )
      > > >
      > > > Susan

      > > > removed]

    • Charles HOPE
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
        The link breaks because it is too long.

        http://tinyurl.com/2axquh

        Allegedly, angle brackets work too:

        Susan Buck wrote:
        > Sorry - dont know why the link got broken up -
        > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
        > fall-2007
      • Mark Schoneveld
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
          Thanks for the introduction, Susan!

          I'll be there for all of Monday's sessions shakin' hands and pitching the goodness of
          videobloggers and creative independents making video advertising with my company
          XLNTads.com.

          See you there!

          Mark*

          xlntads.com/blog
          thepovertyjetset.com

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Susan Buck <pixelsandcursors@...> wrote:

          > Hey everyone -
          >
          > Two things -
          >
          > First... is anyone else attending the Web Video Summit in NYC this
          > coming week?
          > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
          > fall-2007
          > I'll be attending monday's session which will have andrew baron, dina
          > kaplan, brian conley and others.
          >
          > Second...I need to introduce myself because I haven't yet! : )
          > I'm a graduate student at a program called Interactive
          > Telecommunications at NYU. Ive been doing all sorts of multimedia
          > since undergrad and as I come up on my final thesis - I've decided to
          > create an internet television show. So - as you can imagine - this
          > list has been / will continue to be a great resource. I look forward
          > to learning lots from you all : )
          >
          > Susan

        • Adriana Kaegi
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
            will be there all of monday as well and hope to meet
            people from this list in person. also looking forward
            to catching up with some of the old streaming media
            guys, such as stephen condon and my former boss dan
            rayburn.
            adriana kaegi
            ny social-cultural video bloger
            http;//dearaddy.com