Re: [videoblogging] Introduction & Web Video Summit NY

  • Jill H
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
      i would like to go as well.. irina are you around?

      On Dec 5, 2007 2:05 PM, Adriana Kaegi <a_kaegi@...> wrote:

      > would be interested in attending wanted more info but
      > the link does not work? can you check it and post it
      > again or simply state when and where and what to
      > expect...please.
      > a new york social-cultural video bloger
      > http://dearaddy.com
      >
      > --- Susan Buck <pixelsandcursors@... <pixelsandcursors%40gmail.com>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Hey everyone -
      > >
      > > Two things -
      > >
      > > First... is anyone else attending the Web Video
      > > Summit in NYC this
      > > coming week?
      > >
      > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
      > >
      > > fall-2007
      > > I'll be attending monday's session which will have
      > > andrew baron, dina
      > > kaplan, brian conley and others.
      > >
      > > Second...I need to introduce myself because I
      > > haven't yet! : )
      > > I'm a graduate student at a program called
      > > Interactive
      > > Telecommunications at NYU. Ive been doing all sorts
      > > of multimedia
      > > since undergrad and as I come up on my final thesis
      > > - I've decided to
      > > create an internet television show. So - as you can
      > > imagine - this
      > > list has been / will continue to be a great
      > > resource. I look forward
      > > to learning lots from you all : )
      > >
      > > Susan

      > > removed]

    • Susan Buck
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
        Sorry - dont know why the link got broken up -
        http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
        fall-2007

        This is the desc. for mondays events

        When : Mon Dec 10 (3-7pm)
        Where : Roosevelt Hotel
        Price : $40

        Just a few years ago, most of us couldn't even imagine sending
        digital videos to our technologically illiterate relatives. However,
        with the advent of YouTube and other Luddite-proof platforms, online
        videos are fast becoming a fixture in our lives. Today, Rocketboom
        founder Andrew Baron, Alive in Baghdad's Brian Conley, Dina Kaplan of
        Blip.tv, and a cadre of digital-media pioneers convene at the
        Roosevelt Hotel to discuss the economic, social, cultural, and
        creative possibilities of this brave new media � beyond scuba-diving
        cats, that is.

        And here's the link to the actual conference http://
        www.webvideosummit.com/index.php

        On Dec 5, 2007, at 2:16 PM, Jill H wrote:

        > i would like to go as well.. irina are you around?
        >
        > On Dec 5, 2007 2:05 PM, Adriana Kaegi <a_kaegi@...> wrote:
        >
        > > would be interested in attending wanted more info but
        > > the link does not work? can you check it and post it
        > > again or simply state when and where and what to
        > > expect...please.
        > > a new york social-cultural video bloger
        > > http://dearaddy.com
        > >
        > > --- Susan Buck <pixelsandcursors@... <pixelsandcursors%
        > 40gmail.com>>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > > Hey everyone -
        > > >
        > > > Two things -
        > > >
        > > > First... is anyone else attending the Web Video
        > > > Summit in NYC this
        > > > coming week?
        > > >
        > > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
        > > >
        > > > fall-2007
        > > > I'll be attending monday's session which will have
        > > > andrew baron, dina
        > > > kaplan, brian conley and others.
        > > >
        > > > Second...I need to introduce myself because I
        > > > haven't yet! : )
        > > > I'm a graduate student at a program called
        > > > Interactive
        > > > Telecommunications at NYU. Ive been doing all sorts
        > > > of multimedia
        > > > since undergrad and as I come up on my final thesis
        > > > - I've decided to
        > > > create an internet television show. So - as you can
        > > > imagine - this
        > > > list has been / will continue to be a great
        > > > resource. I look forward
        > > > to learning lots from you all : )
        > > >
        > > > Susan

        > > > removed]

      • Charles HOPE
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
          The link breaks because it is too long.

          http://tinyurl.com/2axquh

          Allegedly, angle brackets work too:

          Susan Buck wrote:
          > Sorry - dont know why the link got broken up -
          > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
          > fall-2007
        • Mark Schoneveld
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
            Thanks for the introduction, Susan!

            I'll be there for all of Monday's sessions shakin' hands and pitching the goodness of
            videobloggers and creative independents making video advertising with my company
            XLNTads.com.

            See you there!

            Mark*

            xlntads.com/blog
            thepovertyjetset.com

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Susan Buck <pixelsandcursors@...> wrote:

            > Hey everyone -
            >
            > Two things -
            >
            > First... is anyone else attending the Web Video Summit in NYC this
            > coming week?
            > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
            > fall-2007
            > I'll be attending monday's session which will have andrew baron, dina
            > kaplan, brian conley and others.
            >
            > Second...I need to introduce myself because I haven't yet! : )
            > I'm a graduate student at a program called Interactive
            > Telecommunications at NYU. Ive been doing all sorts of multimedia
            > since undergrad and as I come up on my final thesis - I've decided to
            > create an internet television show. So - as you can imagine - this
            > list has been / will continue to be a great resource. I look forward
            > to learning lots from you all : )
            >
            > Susan

          • Adriana Kaegi
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
              will be there all of monday as well and hope to meet
              people from this list in person. also looking forward
              to catching up with some of the old streaming media
              guys, such as stephen condon and my former boss dan
              rayburn.
              adriana kaegi
              ny social-cultural video bloger
              http;//dearaddy.com