Re: [videoblogging] Re: New Videoblogger

  • David Meade
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
      I was in Chicago for years and only recently moved to Indianapolis.

      Kevin from Limeblog maintains a list of Chicago area vloggers:
      http://chicagovideobloggers.com/

      Welcome to the group, Nathan. I look forward to checking out your vlog
      as soon as I can.

      - Dave

      On Dec 4, 2007 11:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...> wrote:
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
      > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
      > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
      > whats up with that?
      >

      > > Welcome.
      > >
      > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
      > >

      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "deathfromanathaner"
      > > <deathfromabove@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
      > > > functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
      > > > videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
      > > > weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
      > > > plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
      > > > naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
      > > > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
      > > > doesn't work well and crashes IE.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
      > > > everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
      > > > to make a contribution myself.
      > > >
      > > > --Nathan L. Witt

      http://www.DavidMeade.com
    • Nathan L. Witt
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
        I would definitely be interested in that meetup. When I first
        discovered videoblogging, I would go there on wednesdays for the Motion
        Graphics Chicago monthly meetings. Is that run by the same guys, it'll
        be a blast.

        > i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
        > talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
        > podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
        > Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
        > Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...
        > <mailto:eric%40gardenfork.tv>
        >
        > thanks,e ri c

      • Nathan L. Witt
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
          David,

          Thanks for your interest, and its a shame you just moved because I check
          out your blog on occasion for all things Chicago. I've seen Kevin's
          stuff too, and checked out chicagovideobloggers.com, but a lot of those
          listed are no longer updated. That or they are on a nice long
          vacation. Nice to meet all of you!

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 7, 2007
            > Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
            > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
            > doesn't work well and crashes IE.

            some people use Podpress.
            vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
            formats....also includes embed code for each format.
            example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

            http://jaydedman.com
            917 371 6790
            Video: http://ryanishungry.com
            Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
            Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
            RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9
          • Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
              On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
              script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
              module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
              QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.

              Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
              http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832

              And the main website with a demonstration and such:
              http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/

              - Andreas

              Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:

              >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
              >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
              >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
              >
              > some people use Podpress.
              > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
              > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
              > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

              Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
              http://www.solitude.dk/
            • Jan McLaughlin
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                Ah, Andreas, you make me feel nostalgia for the 'good old days' of vlogging
                when someone would say, "If only I could..." in the morning and by afternoon
                some generous soul like you would respond with the proper tool.

                Mmmm.

                Thanks for reminding me and for being a generous soul.

                XO,
                Jan

                P.S. Hugz for B.

                On Dec 29, 2007 12:01 PM, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <solitude@...>
                wrote:

                > On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                > script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                > module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                > QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.
                >
                > Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832
                >
                > And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/
                >
                > - Andreas
                >
                > Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:
                >
                > >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                > >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                > >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                > >
                > > some people use Podpress.
                > > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                > > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                > > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm
                > >
                > > Jay
                > >

                > --
                > Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen