Re: [videoblogging] Introduction & Web Video Summit NYC

  • Kathryn Jones
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
      I will be there both monday and tuesday....so looking forward to
      meeting other list members!

      Kathryn
      synchronis.tv's inaugural series "35" is available on itunes.

      Kathryn Velvel Jones
      synchronis.tv
      synchronis.tv@...
      917-992-2217

      synchronis.tv's production of "35" is co-produced by
      The Digital Film Academy
      New York and Istanbul
      The Digital Film Academy
      Join the Evolution

      On Dec 5, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Susan Buck wrote:

      > Hey everyone -
      >
      > Two things -
      >
      > First... is anyone else attending the Web Video Summit in NYC this
      > coming week?
      > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
      > fall-2007
      > I'll be attending monday's session which will have andrew baron, dina
      > kaplan, brian conley and others.
      >
      > Second...I need to introduce myself because I haven't yet! : )
      > I'm a graduate student at a program called Interactive
      > Telecommunications at NYU. Ive been doing all sorts of multimedia
      > since undergrad and as I come up on my final thesis - I've decided to
      > create an internet television show. So - as you can imagine - this
      > list has been / will continue to be a great resource. I look forward
      > to learning lots from you all : )
      >
      > Susan

    • Adriana Kaegi
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
        would be interested in attending wanted more info but
        the link does not work? can you check it and post it
        again or simply state when and where and what to
        expect...please.
        a new york social-cultural video bloger
        http://dearaddy.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
          i would like to go as well.. irina are you around?

          On Dec 5, 2007 2:05 PM, Adriana Kaegi <a_kaegi@...> wrote:

          > would be interested in attending wanted more info but
          > the link does not work? can you check it and post it
          > again or simply state when and where and what to
          > expect...please.
          > a new york social-cultural video bloger
          > http://dearaddy.com
          >
          > --- Susan Buck <pixelsandcursors@... <pixelsandcursors%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Hey everyone -
          > >
          > > Two things -
          > >
          > > First... is anyone else attending the Web Video
          > > Summit in NYC this
          > > coming week?
          > >
          > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
          > >
          > > fall-2007
          > > I'll be attending monday's session which will have
          > > andrew baron, dina
          > > kaplan, brian conley and others.
          > >
          > > Second...I need to introduce myself because I
          > > haven't yet! : )
          > > I'm a graduate student at a program called
          > > Interactive
          > > Telecommunications at NYU. Ive been doing all sorts
          > > of multimedia
          > > since undergrad and as I come up on my final thesis
          > > - I've decided to
          > > create an internet television show. So - as you can
          > > imagine - this
          > > list has been / will continue to be a great
          > > resource. I look forward
          > > to learning lots from you all : )
          > >
          > > Susan

          > > removed]

        • Susan Buck
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
            Sorry - dont know why the link got broken up -
            http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
            fall-2007

            This is the desc. for mondays events

            When : Mon Dec 10 (3-7pm)
            Where : Roosevelt Hotel
            Price : $40

            Just a few years ago, most of us couldn't even imagine sending
            digital videos to our technologically illiterate relatives. However,
            with the advent of YouTube and other Luddite-proof platforms, online
            videos are fast becoming a fixture in our lives. Today, Rocketboom
            founder Andrew Baron, Alive in Baghdad's Brian Conley, Dina Kaplan of
            Blip.tv, and a cadre of digital-media pioneers convene at the
            Roosevelt Hotel to discuss the economic, social, cultural, and
            creative possibilities of this brave new media � beyond scuba-diving
            cats, that is.

            And here's the link to the actual conference http://
            www.webvideosummit.com/index.php

            On Dec 5, 2007, at 2:16 PM, Jill H wrote:

            > i would like to go as well.. irina are you around?
            >
            > On Dec 5, 2007 2:05 PM, Adriana Kaegi <a_kaegi@...> wrote:
            >
            > > would be interested in attending wanted more info but
            > > the link does not work? can you check it and post it
            > > again or simply state when and where and what to
            > > expect...please.
            > > a new york social-cultural video bloger
            > > http://dearaddy.com
            > >
            > > --- Susan Buck <pixelsandcursors@... <pixelsandcursors%
            > 40gmail.com>>
            > > wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hey everyone -
            > > >
            > > > Two things -
            > > >
            > > > First... is anyone else attending the Web Video
            > > > Summit in NYC this
            > > > coming week?
            > > >
            > > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
            > > >
            > > > fall-2007
            > > > I'll be attending monday's session which will have
            > > > andrew baron, dina
            > > > kaplan, brian conley and others.
            > > >
            > > > Second...I need to introduce myself because I
            > > > haven't yet! : )
            > > > I'm a graduate student at a program called
            > > > Interactive
            > > > Telecommunications at NYU. Ive been doing all sorts
            > > > of multimedia
            > > > since undergrad and as I come up on my final thesis
            > > > - I've decided to
            > > > create an internet television show. So - as you can
            > > > imagine - this
            > > > list has been / will continue to be a great
            > > > resource. I look forward
            > > > to learning lots from you all : )
            > > >
            > > > Susan

            > > > removed]

          • Charles HOPE
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
              The link breaks because it is too long.

              http://tinyurl.com/2axquh

              Allegedly, angle brackets work too:

              Susan Buck wrote:
              > Sorry - dont know why the link got broken up -
              > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
              > fall-2007
            • Mark Schoneveld
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
                Thanks for the introduction, Susan!

                I'll be there for all of Monday's sessions shakin' hands and pitching the goodness of
                videobloggers and creative independents making video advertising with my company
                XLNTads.com.

                See you there!

                Mark*

                xlntads.com/blog
                thepovertyjetset.com

                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Susan Buck <pixelsandcursors@...> wrote:

                > Hey everyone -
                >
                > Two things -
                >
                > First... is anyone else attending the Web Video Summit in NYC this
                > coming week?
                > http://flavorpill.com/newyork/events/2007/12/10/web-video-summit-
                > fall-2007
                > I'll be attending monday's session which will have andrew baron, dina
                > kaplan, brian conley and others.
                >
                > Second...I need to introduce myself because I haven't yet! : )
                > I'm a graduate student at a program called Interactive
                > Telecommunications at NYU. Ive been doing all sorts of multimedia
                > since undergrad and as I come up on my final thesis - I've decided to
                > create an internet television show. So - as you can imagine - this
                > list has been / will continue to be a great resource. I look forward
                > to learning lots from you all : )
                >
                > Susan

              • Adriana Kaegi
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 5, 2007
                  will be there all of monday as well and hope to meet
                  people from this list in person. also looking forward
                  to catching up with some of the old streaming media
                  guys, such as stephen condon and my former boss dan
                  rayburn.
                  adriana kaegi
                  ny social-cultural video bloger
                  http;//dearaddy.com