Re: [videoblogging] New Videoblogger

  • ryanne hodson
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
      welcome!!

      -ryanne

      --
      Me ----> http://RyanEdit.com
      Twitter------>http://twitter.com/Ryanne

    • eric gunnar rochow
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
        > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
        > whats up with that?

        i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
        talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
        podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
        Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
        Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...

        thanks,e ri c

      • David Meade
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
          I was in Chicago for years and only recently moved to Indianapolis.

          Kevin from Limeblog maintains a list of Chicago area vloggers:
          http://chicagovideobloggers.com/

          Welcome to the group, Nathan. I look forward to checking out your vlog
          as soon as I can.

          - Dave

          On Dec 4, 2007 11:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...> wrote:
          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
          > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
          > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
          > whats up with that?
          >

          > > Welcome.
          > >
          > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
          > >

          > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "deathfromanathaner"
          > > <deathfromabove@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hello,
          > > >
          > > > I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
          > > > functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
          > > > videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
          > > > weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
          > > > plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
          > > > naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
          > > > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
          > > > doesn't work well and crashes IE.
          > > >
          > > > Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
          > > > everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
          > > > to make a contribution myself.
          > > >
          > > > --Nathan L. Witt

          http://www.DavidMeade.com
        • Nathan L. Witt
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
            I would definitely be interested in that meetup. When I first
            discovered videoblogging, I would go there on wednesdays for the Motion
            Graphics Chicago monthly meetings. Is that run by the same guys, it'll
            be a blast.

            > i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
            > talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
            > podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
            > Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
            > Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...
            > <mailto:eric%40gardenfork.tv>
            >
            > thanks,e ri c

          • Nathan L. Witt
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
              David,

              Thanks for your interest, and its a shame you just moved because I check
              out your blog on occasion for all things Chicago. I've seen Kevin's
              stuff too, and checked out chicagovideobloggers.com, but a lot of those
              listed are no longer updated. That or they are on a nice long
              vacation. Nice to meet all of you!

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 7, 2007
                > Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                > doesn't work well and crashes IE.

                some people use Podpress.
                vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                http://jaydedman.com
                917 371 6790
                Video: http://ryanishungry.com
                Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
                RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9
              • Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                  On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                  script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                  module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                  QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.

                  Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                  http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832

                  And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                  http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/

                  - Andreas

                  Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:

                  >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                  >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                  >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                  >
                  > some people use Podpress.
                  > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                  > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                  > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                  Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                  http://www.solitude.dk/
                • Jan McLaughlin
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                    Ah, Andreas, you make me feel nostalgia for the 'good old days' of vlogging
                    when someone would say, "If only I could..." in the morning and by afternoon
                    some generous soul like you would respond with the proper tool.

                    Mmmm.

                    Thanks for reminding me and for being a generous soul.

                    XO,
                    Jan

                    P.S. Hugz for B.

                    On Dec 29, 2007 12:01 PM, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <solitude@...>
                    wrote:

                    > On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                    > script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                    > module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                    > QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.
                    >
                    > Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                    > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832
                    >
                    > And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                    > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/
                    >
                    > - Andreas
                    >
                    > Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:
                    >
                    > >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                    > >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                    > >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                    > >
                    > > some people use Podpress.
                    > > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                    > > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                    > > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm
                    > >
                    > > Jay
                    > >

                    > --
                    > Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen