Re: [videoblogging] Re: New Videoblogger

  • Nathan L. Witt
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
      Roxanne Darling wrote:

      > Lots of people use PodPress Nathan. It works for audio and video files and
      > has been around a while.
      > Aloha and welcome!
      >
      > Rox
      >
      > On Dec 4, 2007 6:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...
      > <mailto:deathfromabove%40comcast.net>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
      > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
      > > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
      > > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
      > > whats up with that?
      > >

      > > > Welcome.
      > > >
      > > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
      > > >

      > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
      > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

      > Most of these previous videos
      > forward I

      > the guts

      > --
      > Roxanne Darling
      > "o ke kai" means "of the sea" in hawaiian
      > 808-384-5554
      > Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv <http://www.beachwalks.tv>
      > Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com
      > <http://www.barefeetstudios.com>
      > http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling
      > <http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling>

      Thanks Rox, works great!

    • ryanne hodson
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
        welcome!!

        -ryanne

        --
        Me ----> http://RyanEdit.com
        Twitter------>http://twitter.com/Ryanne

      • eric gunnar rochow
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
          > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
          > whats up with that?

          i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
          talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
          podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
          Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
          Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...

          thanks,e ri c

        • David Meade
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
            I was in Chicago for years and only recently moved to Indianapolis.

            Kevin from Limeblog maintains a list of Chicago area vloggers:
            http://chicagovideobloggers.com/

            Welcome to the group, Nathan. I look forward to checking out your vlog
            as soon as I can.

            - Dave

            On Dec 4, 2007 11:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...> wrote:
            > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
            > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
            > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
            > whats up with that?
            >

            > > Welcome.
            > >
            > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
            > >

            > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "deathfromanathaner"
            > > <deathfromabove@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello,
            > > >
            > > > I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
            > > > functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
            > > > videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
            > > > weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
            > > > plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
            > > > naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
            > > > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
            > > > doesn't work well and crashes IE.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
            > > > everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
            > > > to make a contribution myself.
            > > >
            > > > --Nathan L. Witt

            http://www.DavidMeade.com
          • Nathan L. Witt
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
              I would definitely be interested in that meetup. When I first
              discovered videoblogging, I would go there on wednesdays for the Motion
              Graphics Chicago monthly meetings. Is that run by the same guys, it'll
              be a blast.

              > i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
              > talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
              > podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
              > Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
              > Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...
              > <mailto:eric%40gardenfork.tv>
              >
              > thanks,e ri c

            • Nathan L. Witt
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                David,

                Thanks for your interest, and its a shame you just moved because I check
                out your blog on occasion for all things Chicago. I've seen Kevin's
                stuff too, and checked out chicagovideobloggers.com, but a lot of those
                listed are no longer updated. That or they are on a nice long
                vacation. Nice to meet all of you!

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 7, 2007
                  > Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                  > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                  > doesn't work well and crashes IE.

                  some people use Podpress.
                  vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                  formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                  example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                  http://jaydedman.com
                  917 371 6790
                  Video: http://ryanishungry.com
                  Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                  Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
                  RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9
                • Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                    On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                    script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                    module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                    QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.

                    Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                    http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832

                    And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                    http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/

                    - Andreas

                    Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:

                    >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                    >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                    >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                    >
                    > some people use Podpress.
                    > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                    > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                    > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                    Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                    http://www.solitude.dk/
                  • Jan McLaughlin
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                      Ah, Andreas, you make me feel nostalgia for the 'good old days' of vlogging
                      when someone would say, "If only I could..." in the morning and by afternoon
                      some generous soul like you would respond with the proper tool.

                      Mmmm.

                      Thanks for reminding me and for being a generous soul.

                      XO,
                      Jan

                      P.S. Hugz for B.

                      On Dec 29, 2007 12:01 PM, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <solitude@...>
                      wrote:

                      > On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                      > script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                      > module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                      > QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.
                      >
                      > Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                      > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832
                      >
                      > And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                      > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/
                      >
                      > - Andreas
                      >
                      > Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:
                      >
                      > >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                      > >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                      > >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                      > >
                      > > some people use Podpress.
                      > > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                      > > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                      > > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm
                      > >
                      > > Jay
                      > >

                      > --
                      > Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen