Re: [videoblogging] Re: New Videoblogger

  • Roxanne Darling
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
      Lots of people use PodPress Nathan. It works for audio and video files and
      has been around a while.
      Aloha and welcome!

      Rox

      On Dec 4, 2007 6:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...>

      --
      Roxanne Darling
      808-384-5554

    • Nathan L. Witt
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
        Roxanne Darling wrote:

        > Lots of people use PodPress Nathan. It works for audio and video files and
        > has been around a while.
        > Aloha and welcome!
        >
        > Rox
        >
        > On Dec 4, 2007 6:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...
        > <mailto:deathfromabove%40comcast.net>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
        > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > > "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
        > > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
        > > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
        > > whats up with that?
        > >

        > > > Welcome.
        > > >
        > > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
        > > >

        > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
        > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

        > Most of these previous videos
        > forward I

        > the guts

        > --
        > Roxanne Darling
        > "o ke kai" means "of the sea" in hawaiian
        > 808-384-5554
        > Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv <http://www.beachwalks.tv>
        > Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com
        > <http://www.barefeetstudios.com>
        > http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling
        > <http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling>

        Thanks Rox, works great!

      • ryanne hodson
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
          welcome!!

          -ryanne

          --
          Me ----> http://RyanEdit.com
          Twitter------>http://twitter.com/Ryanne

        • eric gunnar rochow
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
            > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
            > whats up with that?

            i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
            talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
            podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
            Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
            Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...

            thanks,e ri c

          • David Meade
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
              I was in Chicago for years and only recently moved to Indianapolis.

              Kevin from Limeblog maintains a list of Chicago area vloggers:
              http://chicagovideobloggers.com/

              Welcome to the group, Nathan. I look forward to checking out your vlog
              as soon as I can.

              - Dave

              On Dec 4, 2007 11:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...> wrote:
              > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
              > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
              > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
              > whats up with that?
              >

              > > Welcome.
              > >
              > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
              > >

              > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "deathfromanathaner"
              > > <deathfromabove@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hello,
              > > >
              > > > I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
              > > > functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
              > > > videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
              > > > weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
              > > > plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
              > > > naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
              > > > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
              > > > doesn't work well and crashes IE.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
              > > > everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
              > > > to make a contribution myself.
              > > >
              > > > --Nathan L. Witt

              http://www.DavidMeade.com
            • Nathan L. Witt
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                I would definitely be interested in that meetup. When I first
                discovered videoblogging, I would go there on wednesdays for the Motion
                Graphics Chicago monthly meetings. Is that run by the same guys, it'll
                be a blast.

                > i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
                > talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
                > podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
                > Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
                > Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...
                > <mailto:eric%40gardenfork.tv>
                >
                > thanks,e ri c

              • Nathan L. Witt
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                  David,

                  Thanks for your interest, and its a shame you just moved because I check
                  out your blog on occasion for all things Chicago. I've seen Kevin's
                  stuff too, and checked out chicagovideobloggers.com, but a lot of those
                  listed are no longer updated. That or they are on a nice long
                  vacation. Nice to meet all of you!

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 7, 2007
                    > Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                    > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                    > doesn't work well and crashes IE.

                    some people use Podpress.
                    vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                    formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                    example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                    http://jaydedman.com
                    917 371 6790
                    Video: http://ryanishungry.com
                    Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                    Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
                    RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9
                  • Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                      On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                      script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                      module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                      QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.

                      Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                      http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832

                      And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                      http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/

                      - Andreas

                      Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:

                      >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                      >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                      >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                      >
                      > some people use Podpress.
                      > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                      > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                      > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                      Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                      http://www.solitude.dk/
                    • Jan McLaughlin
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                        Ah, Andreas, you make me feel nostalgia for the 'good old days' of vlogging
                        when someone would say, "If only I could..." in the morning and by afternoon
                        some generous soul like you would respond with the proper tool.

                        Mmmm.

                        Thanks for reminding me and for being a generous soul.

                        XO,
                        Jan

                        P.S. Hugz for B.

                        On Dec 29, 2007 12:01 PM, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <solitude@...>
                        wrote:

                        > On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                        > script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                        > module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                        > QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.
                        >
                        > Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                        > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832
                        >
                        > And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                        > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/
                        >
                        > - Andreas
                        >
                        > Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:
                        >
                        > >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                        > >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                        > >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                        > >
                        > > some people use Podpress.
                        > > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                        > > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                        > > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm
                        > >
                        > > Jay
                        > >

                        > --
                        > Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen