Re: New Videoblogger

  • deathfromanathaner
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
      Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
      And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
      whats up with that?

      > Welcome.
      >
      > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
      >

      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "deathfromanathaner"
      > <deathfromabove@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
      > > functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
      > > videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
      > > weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
      > > plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
      > > naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
      > > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
      > > doesn't work well and crashes IE.
      > >
      > > Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
      > > everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
      > > to make a contribution myself.
      > >
      > > --Nathan L. Witt

    • Roxanne Darling
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
        Lots of people use PodPress Nathan. It works for audio and video files and
        has been around a while.
        Aloha and welcome!

        Rox

        On Dec 4, 2007 6:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...>

        --
        Roxanne Darling
        808-384-5554

      • Nathan L. Witt
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
          Roxanne Darling wrote:

          > Lots of people use PodPress Nathan. It works for audio and video files and
          > has been around a while.
          > Aloha and welcome!
          >
          > Rox
          >
          > On Dec 4, 2007 6:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...
          > <mailto:deathfromabove%40comcast.net>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
          > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > > "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
          > > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
          > > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
          > > whats up with that?
          > >

          > > > Welcome.
          > > >
          > > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
          > > >

          > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>
          > <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,

          > Most of these previous videos
          > forward I

          > the guts

          > --
          > Roxanne Darling
          > "o ke kai" means "of the sea" in hawaiian
          > 808-384-5554
          > Video --> http://www.beachwalks.tv <http://www.beachwalks.tv>
          > Company -- > http://www.barefeetstudios.com
          > <http://www.barefeetstudios.com>
          > http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling
          > <http://www.twitter.com/roxannedarling>

          Thanks Rox, works great!

        • ryanne hodson
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 4, 2007
            welcome!!

            -ryanne

            --
            Me ----> http://RyanEdit.com
            Twitter------>http://twitter.com/Ryanne

          • eric gunnar rochow
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
              > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
              > whats up with that?

              i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
              talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
              podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
              Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
              Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...

              thanks,e ri c

            • David Meade
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                I was in Chicago for years and only recently moved to Indianapolis.

                Kevin from Limeblog maintains a list of Chicago area vloggers:
                http://chicagovideobloggers.com/

                Welcome to the group, Nathan. I look forward to checking out your vlog
                as soon as I can.

                - Dave

                On Dec 4, 2007 11:32 AM, deathfromanathaner <deathfromabove@...> wrote:
                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jarod Dixon" <jarod@...> wrote:
                > Thats my boy Roy rocking out in the iPod commercial! Awesome stuff.
                > And yeah, it seems like most Chicagoans are keeping it on the DL,
                > whats up with that?
                >

                > > Welcome.
                > >
                > > (pssssstttt: Chicago representing - I've been hiding though)
                > >

                > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "deathfromanathaner"
                > > <deathfromabove@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hello,
                > > >
                > > > I thought I would introduce myself as I finally have my vlog
                > > > functional. My name is Nathan and I'm from Chicago. You can see my
                > > > videos at http://nathaner.com/vlog. Most of these previous videos
                > > > weren't made for the sole intent of videoblogging, but going forward I
                > > > plan on producing them that way. WARNING: I do occasionally use some
                > > > naughty language. Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                > > > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                > > > doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                > > >
                > > > Thanks to everyone who checks out my stuff. I've been enjoying
                > > > everyone else's videos for the last two years and finally got the guts
                > > > to make a contribution myself.
                > > >
                > > > --Nathan L. Witt

                http://www.DavidMeade.com
              • Nathan L. Witt
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                  I would definitely be interested in that meetup. When I first
                  discovered videoblogging, I would go there on wednesdays for the Motion
                  Graphics Chicago monthly meetings. Is that run by the same guys, it'll
                  be a blast.

                  > i travel to Chicago regularly if you all want to meetup. I've been
                  > talking with the Chicago Podcaster Meetup http://
                  > podcasting.meetup.com/72/ about doing a short presentation about
                  > Gardenfork.tv and RealWorldGreen.com in Jan or Feb. If all you
                  > Chicago lurkers want to get together email me eric@...
                  > <mailto:eric%40gardenfork.tv>
                  >
                  > thanks,e ri c

                • Nathan L. Witt
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 5, 2007
                    David,

                    Thanks for your interest, and its a shame you just moved because I check
                    out your blog on occasion for all things Chicago. I've seen Kevin's
                    stuff too, and checked out chicagovideobloggers.com, but a lot of those
                    listed are no longer updated. That or they are on a nice long
                    vacation. Nice to meet all of you!

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 7, 2007
                      > Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                      > embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                      > doesn't work well and crashes IE.

                      some people use Podpress.
                      vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                      formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                      example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                      http://jaydedman.com
                      917 371 6790
                      Video: http://ryanishungry.com
                      Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaydedman
                      Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/jaydedman/
                      RSS: http://tinyurl.com/yqgdt9
                    • Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                        On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                        script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                        module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                        QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.

                        Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                        http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832

                        And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                        http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/

                        - Andreas

                        Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:

                        >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                        >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                        >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                        >
                        > some people use Podpress.
                        > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                        > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                        > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm

                        Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
                        http://www.solitude.dk/
                      • Jan McLaughlin
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 29, 2007
                          Ah, Andreas, you make me feel nostalgia for the 'good old days' of vlogging
                          when someone would say, "If only I could..." in the morning and by afternoon
                          some generous soul like you would respond with the proper tool.

                          Mmmm.

                          Thanks for reminding me and for being a generous soul.

                          XO,
                          Jan

                          P.S. Hugz for B.

                          On Dec 29, 2007 12:01 PM, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <solitude@...>
                          wrote:

                          > On a related not I spent an hour last night making my Embed QuickTime
                          > script into a Wordpress plugin. It's now available as standalone, a Drupal
                          > module and a Wordpress plugin. It's a no-nonsense approach to embedding
                          > QuickTime files on webpages without all the fuzz.
                          >
                          > Grab the Wordpress plugin here:
                          > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/20071229-0832
                          >
                          > And the main website with a demonstration and such:
                          > http://www.solitude.dk/archives/embedquicktime/
                          >
                          > - Andreas
                          >
                          > Den 07.12.2007 kl. 18:56 skrev Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>:
                          >
                          > >> Also, if anyone knows a good wordpress plugin for
                          > >> embedding quicktime video, please let me know. The one I use now
                          > >> doesn't work well and crashes IE.
                          > >
                          > > some people use Podpress.
                          > > vPIP.org also works very well, especially for embedded multiple
                          > > formats....also includes embed code for each format.
                          > > example of vPIP here: http://current.com/producerResources.htm
                          > >
                          > > Jay
                          > >

                          > --
                          > Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen