Online story telling and The godfather

  • kfirpravda
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2007
      hi all,

      I am doing a course about online storytelling in a local university -
      and would love to hear your opinion about the issues we are facing:
      http://pravdam.com/2007/12/04/online-storytelling-justification-and-what\
      -the-godfather-has-to-do-with-it/
      <http://pravdam.com/2007/12/04/online-storytelling-justification-and-wha\
      t-the-godfather-has-to-do-with-it/>

    • Ron Watson
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
        Did I hear that right on TV?

        Hulu's owned by Rupert Murdoch?

        I just heard that NBC ported their stuff from iTunes to Hulu & NBC
        Direct, and tehy mentioned that Hulu's owned by News Corp.

        I tend not to have any dealings with Murdoch properties, and they
        require an user/PW to look, so I thought I'd pass.

        Do any of you who follow these developments have any thoughts on this?

        Ron Watson
        http://k9disc.blip.tv
        http://k9disc.com
        http://pawsitivevybe.com/vlog
        http://pawsitivevybe.com

      • Steve Watkins
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
          Its a joint venture between NBC and News Corp, with a private equity group also owning a
          slice. So its part-murdoch owned.

          As someone outside the USA, Hulu has nothing for me, so I dont have much to say, other
          than Dennis Potter named his cancer Rupert, and that Murdoch recently said that he
          wanted the UK's NewsCorp channel 'Sky News' to be more like Fox news, but 'nobody at
          Sky listened to him' - ha!

          Cheers

          Steve Elbows

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ron Watson <k9disc@...> wrote:

          > Did I hear that right on TV?
          >
          > Hulu's owned by Rupert Murdoch?
          >
          > I just heard that NBC ported their stuff from iTunes to Hulu & NBC
          > Direct, and tehy mentioned that Hulu's owned by News Corp.
          >
          > I tend not to have any dealings with Murdoch properties, and they
          > require an user/PW to look, so I thought I'd pass.
          >
          > Do any of you who follow these developments have any thoughts on this?
          >
          > Ron Watson
          > http://k9disc.blip.tv
          > http://k9disc.com
          > http://pawsitivevybe.com/vlog
          > http://pawsitivevybe.com

        • bordercollieaustralianshepherd
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
            Two Networks, One Cup?

            Video is From MSNBC, 11/30
            <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/12/03/olbermann-reads-irreveren_n_75154.html>
            or
            <http://preview.tinyurl.com/3xx4qk>

            Fox/NBC = Hulu

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ron Watson <k9disc@...> wrote:

            > Did I hear that right on TV?
            >
            > Hulu's owned by Rupert Murdoch?
            >
            > I just heard that NBC ported their stuff from iTunes to Hulu & NBC
            > Direct, and tehy mentioned that Hulu's owned by News Corp.
            >
            > I tend not to have any dealings with Murdoch properties, and they
            > require an user/PW to look, so I thought I'd pass.
            >
            > Do any of you who follow these developments have any thoughts on this?
            >
            > Ron Watson
            > http://k9disc.blip.tv
            > http://k9disc.com
            > http://pawsitivevybe.com/vlog
            > http://pawsitivevybe.com

          • Ron Watson
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
              Well, where's the rest of the Corporate Media Cartel investing to
              control internet media? Anybody? Disney? Viacom?

              I just love to see News Corp & GE hook up. Makes me feel as if
              someone is looking after my media interests.

              Cheers,

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
                From:
                <http://www.takebackthemedia.com/owners.html>
                > Well, where's the rest of the Corporate Media Cartel investing to
                > control internet media? Anybody? Disney? Viacom?
                <http://www.cjr.org/resources/> GE and Viacom are listed in a drop
                down menu.

                Pretty wild ...