Re: [videoblogging] USB Microphone Preamp (24-Bit/96kHz) with 48V Phantom Power for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista

  • Brian Richardson - WhatTheCast?
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2007
      My solution is a bit more expensive, but solves multiple problems ... a
      wireless microphone kit with an adapter to any XLR mic. The Azden kit's
      XLR adapter will phantom power any single microphone.

      I own a wireless mic set because I need one, the phantom power is a
      bonus. It's more expensive than just using a mixer into the camera, but
      it's a lot easier to use in the field and is 100% battery powered.

      Jan McLaughlin wrote:
      > Ah - yes - the USB powering. Shite.
      >
      > Good catch :)
      >
      > The interface would work with cable tho - it does have a mini stereo out and
      > cable.
      >
      > Jan
      >
      > On 12/2/07, Frank Carver <frank@...> wrote:
      >> Sunday, December 2, 2007, 12:56:36 PM, David King wrote:
      >>> Hmm.. that's true - it's basically a fancy volume knob. Cool idea!
      >> (24-Bit/96kHz)

      >> computer,
      >> more
      >> Maybe I'm mistaken, but this doesn't look at all suitable for
      >> on-camera use (unless you have a camera with a powered USB input -
      >> something I have never encountered myself).
      >>
      >> Essentially this device seems to be a standard USB bus-powered preamp,
      >> just in a cylindrical casing with an XLR on the end. The giveaway is
      >> that the phantom power must come from somewhere, and this device has
      >> no battery.
      >>
      >> --
      >> Frank Carver http://www.makevideo.org.uk

      Brian Richardson