Re: finding the codec/bitrate of an FLV

  • Steve Watkins
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2007
      Sorry for the lack of clarity.

      I uonly used firebug to find the url. Bitrate was determined by installing the free software
      'perian' ( http://perian.org/ ) which then allows flv's to be opened in quicktime, and thus
      look at bitrate & codec info using quicktime movie inspector window. Unfortunately Perian
      is for mac only, and its also possible that the bitrate being reported isnt totally accurate
      (eg may be bitrate at one moment in time, rather than average bitrate across whole of
      movie, not sure).

      Cheers

      Steve Elbows