Re: Adding Transcripts To Video

  • bordercollieaustralianshepherd
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      This is one of those "it should be much easier" moments. I found this
      to be real interesting as a way to add captions, titling, transcript,
      because it looks good, has two way of analyzing the video and they had
      it online SO FAST!
      <http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2007/11/28/us/politics/20071128_DEBATE_GRAPHIC.html#video>

      John thought it might be <http://www.veotag.com/>

      It seems like I was down this path once before. Before I knew even
      less than I know now ... I think the way QT Pro works is it makes a
      image file (might be a PICT cannot remember) but what ever it was (QT
      5 or 6) it worked for accessibility only. In other words, it was a lot
      of work for a good reason (helps the deaf) but it can't be read by
      search engines.

      I thought someone had a solution here .. may have been a work around
      ... I searched the archive for quicktime pro + transcript + search +
      engine" but I am using the wrong search term

      Take a look at these ... I'll keep digging to learn more about the
      NYT's example.

      <http://ncam.wgbh.org/webaccess/magpie/>

      <http://www.webaim.org/>

      <http://www.webaim.org/techniques/captions/quicktime/caption_file.php

      This guy is the caption king when you do a search using caption or
      closed caption <http://joeclark.org/>

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Hayden Black" <cellmate27@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey All,
      > Quick question - how do you add a transcript to a video using
      quicktime pro? I don't want it
      > to actually show up in the video itself - just in the metadata as I
      hear this helps with keyword
      > proliferation.
      > Cheers,
      > Hayden
      > http://www.abigailsteendiary.com
      > http://www.goodnightburbank.com

    • Dan R
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2007
        Add it as a text track then turn it off. All text tracks are
        searchable with Quicktime Pro. There are several types of text tracks
        in quicktime. They are only visible when they're turned on.