Re: ourmedia

  • Verdi
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 25 7:53 AM
      I can't wait for Ourmedia to open it's doors. Personally, it was the
      whole password thing that's been a dealbreaker for me. I can't have
      people entering passwords to see a video. When It's open, I plan on
      testing it and sending people there. The biggest downer right now
      about using the internet archive is the 24 hours. By the time you go
      through everything you have to go through to get the videoblog done
      you just want to share it with everyone immediatly! The 24 hour wait
      is excruciating!

      -Verdi
    • Harold Johnson
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 27 10:33 PM
        Hi Steve,

        Don't feel guilty; I haven't made a videoblog post yet either. Hang
        out and continue to contribute; you never know how you'll be able to
        assist the community, whether you're videoblogging or not.

        By the way, I virtually attended Vloggercon, too. I think I remember
        you - hello again!

        As for Ourmedia, I've been anticipating it and talking it up heavily
        for several weeks now. I used the username/password given out during
        Vloggercon and created a user account, but now I can't seem to login.
        I suppose I should contact Ourmedia directly. Has anyone else had
        problems logging in to the staging area?

        Harold J. Johnson
        http://SomethingthatHappened.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 27 10:46 PM
          > As for Ourmedia, I've been anticipating it and talking it up heavily
          > for several weeks now. I used the username/password given out during
          > Vloggercon and created a user account, but now I can't seem to login.
          > I suppose I should contact Ourmedia directly. Has anyone else had
          > problems logging in to the staging area?

          Ourmedia is on full-effect.
          testing is still going on.
          its an incredibly complex project being wokred on by volunteers.
          the problem right now is the "last mile".
          little bugs.
          so no promise of a timeline...but i have faith.

          Jay
        • JD Lasica
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 28 2:41 AM
            > Has anyone else had problems logging in to the staging area?

            We're now on http://ourmedia.org instead of staging.ourmedia.org.

            The log-in and password are the same (coming down in a few days):

            login: ourmedia
            password: 0urm3d14
            (a zero, not an O)

            Please do come on by and do some alpha testing -- check out the
            videos, dive into the Forums. It's all good (and it'll all remain
            intact when we go live.)

            Ping our moderators -- including Jay, Ryanne, Raymond, Thomas W. and
            Michael S. -- if you see anything wrong. :~) We're still ironing out
            the kinks, tho.

            jd lasica

            "Be the media."
          • Michael Sullivan
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 28 7:16 AM
              Also, if you do spot problems and report it... make mention of your
              OS/Browser versions et all that good stuff.
              thnx.
              sull

              On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:41:16 -0800, JD Lasica <jdlasica@...> wrote:

              > > Has anyone else had problems logging in to the staging area?
              >
              > We're now on http://ourmedia.org instead of staging.ourmedia.org.
              >
              > The log-in and password are the same (coming down in a few days):
              >
              > login: ourmedia
              > password: 0urm3d14
              > (a zero, not an O)
              >
              > Please do come on by and do some alpha testing -- check out the
              > videos, dive into the Forums. It's all good (and it'll all remain
              > intact when we go live.)
              >
              > Ping our moderators -- including Jay, Ryanne, Raymond, Thomas W. and
              > Michael S. -- if you see anything wrong. :~) We're still ironing out
              > the kinks, tho.
              >
              > jd lasica
              >
              > "Be the media."

              ~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~
              i n t e r d i g i t a t e . c o m
              =====================
            • Harold Johnson
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 28 7:33 AM
                Thanks, JD. I guess the ID I created at Ourmedia doesn't work, then?
                I tested it on a Drupal site and it worked fine.

                Harold

                On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:41:16 -0800, JD Lasica <jdlasica@...> wrote:
                > > Has anyone else had problems logging in to the staging area?
                >
                > We're now on http://ourmedia.org instead of staging.ourmedia.org.
                >
                > The log-in and password are the same (coming down in a few days):
                >
                > login: ourmedia
                > password: 0urm3d14
                > (a zero, not an O)
                >
                > Please do come on by and do some alpha testing -- check out the
                > videos, dive into the Forums. It's all good (and it'll all remain
                > intact when we go live.)
                >
                > Ping our moderators -- including Jay, Ryanne, Raymond, Thomas W. and
                > Michael S. -- if you see anything wrong. :~) We're still ironing out
                > the kinks, tho.
                >
                > jd lasica
                >
                > "Be the media."
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Harold Johnson
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 28 7:45 AM
                  It looks like once I'm logged in using the ourmedia/0urm3d14 login,
                  I'm able to login using the username/password combo I registered in
                  January. Coolness.

                  Harold

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 7, 2005
                    interesting news from JD.
                    http://www.ourmedia.org/node/26306

                    jay

                      That's great! ... Contratulations JD and OURMEDIA!!!!

                      On 7/7/05, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
                      > interesting news from JD.
                      > http://www.ourmedia.org/node/26306
                      >
                      > jay