Re: [videoblogging] ourmedia

  • R. Kristiansen
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 24, 2005
      On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:48:16 -0500, Christopher Weagel
      <humandog@...> wrote:
      > I only have so much time, and at the moment I want to devote it to
      > making the video.

      yupyup! things are getting heated here in Norway. will keep you all updated.

      ***
      ourmedia will become prime time. i just guess it takes far more time
      to get there than what we expected in the beginning. launch day keeps
      being around the corner..

      i am one of the people who have read the mails coming in to
      info@... (i am, along with a few others, content moderator on
      ourmedia) and I have answered as many as I could. There are Loads of
      people interested in this project. Loads of school teachers,
      independent video producers, etcetc.

      Marc Canter does the evangelizing ++. JD Lasica and others are working
      on help pages and the coding. Ourmedia the concept wont die. Ourmedia
      the product will emerge.

      raymond
    • Steve Watkins
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 25, 2005
        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Weagel
        <humandog@c...> wrote:

        > Vloggercon was great in respect to meeting the people actually
        making
        > videoblogs and making some of the tools.
        > It wasn't great to see that most of the people in attendance didn't
        > make videoblogs and really have no intention of doing so.
        > But I don't really care. They don't matter.

        Thanks for the great reply, and same goes for the replies from
        Michael and Raymond too.

        I had no idea that many of the people at vloggercon arent/wont be
        making videoblogs. I thought I was the only one, and I only attended
        virtually anyway. I do continually feel ashamed/guilty and possibly
        fraudulent in a strange way for hanging round this group but not
        videoblogging yet.

        > I don't mean to sound harsh, and I fully understand that money and
        time
        > constraints are real.
        >
        > But if you, or anyone for that matter, really wants to do this, do
        it.
        > Just make a website.
        > Learn to shoot and edit video.
        >
        > I've been vlogging regularly for over a year and have never used
        any
        > kind of real blog software to do it.
        > I've learned to write my own RSS feed.
        >
        > You can too.

        Sometimes I wish my restraints were financial or technical, it would
        be easier to solve for me. I am some sort of idiot, Ive rented a
        dedicated server since december, and have spent stupid amounts of
        money on it so far. And then I proceeded not to put any content on
        it. Duh duh duh, what am I doing lol, some sort of creative block or
        something, psychological barrier wibble.

        So anyway ourmedia is certainly not something I can blame for my own
        lack of progress with videoblogging, but its certainly something Id
        like to see suceed, I guess I have a funny way of showing it.

        > And if you have the money, and really want to see ANT now, there is
        no
        > reason why you can't just give apple the cash.
        > They will give you the mac mini.
        > Trust me.

        How? Apples online store continually tells me 2-3 weeks till
        shipping, and the UK resellers I use also have no stock. So I assumed
        there were supply problems with the mini mac, am I wrong and it can
        actually be bought off the shelf from Apple stores right now?

        Cheers

        Steve of Elbows
      • Christopher Weagel
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 25, 2005
          Didn't realize you were in the UK.

          Here in the US, I've touched an actual mac mini at the apple store.
          Security quickly had me removed, but I'm assuming one could be
          purchased.

          They'll get to the UK eventually.

          Chris

          On Feb 25, 2005, at 9:38 AM, Steve Watkins wrote:

          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Weagel
          > <humandog@c...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Vloggercon was great in respect to meeting the people actually
          > making
          > > videoblogs and making some of the tools.
          > > It wasn't great to see that most of the people in attendance didn't
          > > make videoblogs and really have no intention of doing so.
          > > But I don't really care. They don't matter.
          >
          > Thanks for the great reply, and same goes for the replies from
          > Michael and Raymond too.
          >
          > I had no idea that many of the people at vloggercon arent/wont be
          > making videoblogs. I thought I was the only one, and I only attended
          > virtually anyway. I do continually feel ashamed/guilty and possibly
          > fraudulent in a strange way for hanging round this group but not
          > videoblogging yet.
          >

          > > I don't mean to sound harsh, and I fully understand that money and
          > time
          > > constraints are real.
          > >
          > > But if you, or anyone for that matter, really wants to do this, do
          > it.
          > > Just make a website.
          > > Learn to shoot and edit video.
          > >
          > > I've been vlogging regularly for  over a year and have never used
          > any
          > > kind of real blog software to do it.
          > > I've learned to write my own RSS feed.
          > >
          > > You can too.
          > >

          > Sometimes I wish my restraints were financial or technical, it would
          > be easier to solve for me. I am some sort of idiot, Ive rented a
          > dedicated server since december, and have spent stupid amounts of
          > money on it so far. And then I proceeded not to put any content on
          > it. Duh duh duh, what am I doing lol, some sort of creative block or
          > something, psychological barrier wibble.
          >
          > So anyway ourmedia is certainly not something I can blame for my own
          > lack of progress with videoblogging, but its certainly something Id
          > like to see suceed, I guess I have a funny way of showing it.
          >
          > > And if you have the money, and really want to see ANT now, there is
          > no
          > > reason why you can't just give apple the cash.
          > > They will give you the mac mini.
          > > Trust me.
          >
          > How? Apples online store continually tells me 2-3 weeks till
          > shipping, and the UK resellers I use also have no stock. So I assumed
          > there were supply problems with the mini mac, am I wrong and it can
          > actually be bought off the shelf from Apple stores right now?
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Steve of Elbows
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > <22305_0205_016_b_300250_a.gif>
          > <l.gif>

          > Service.

        • Verdi
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 25, 2005
            I can't wait for Ourmedia to open it's doors. Personally, it was the
            whole password thing that's been a dealbreaker for me. I can't have
            people entering passwords to see a video. When It's open, I plan on
            testing it and sending people there. The biggest downer right now
            about using the internet archive is the 24 hours. By the time you go
            through everything you have to go through to get the videoblog done
            you just want to share it with everyone immediatly! The 24 hour wait
            is excruciating!

            -Verdi
          • Harold Johnson
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 27, 2005
              Hi Steve,

              Don't feel guilty; I haven't made a videoblog post yet either. Hang
              out and continue to contribute; you never know how you'll be able to
              assist the community, whether you're videoblogging or not.

              By the way, I virtually attended Vloggercon, too. I think I remember
              you - hello again!

              As for Ourmedia, I've been anticipating it and talking it up heavily
              for several weeks now. I used the username/password given out during
              Vloggercon and created a user account, but now I can't seem to login.
              I suppose I should contact Ourmedia directly. Has anyone else had
              problems logging in to the staging area?

              Harold J. Johnson
              http://SomethingthatHappened.com

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 27, 2005
                > As for Ourmedia, I've been anticipating it and talking it up heavily
                > for several weeks now. I used the username/password given out during
                > Vloggercon and created a user account, but now I can't seem to login.
                > I suppose I should contact Ourmedia directly. Has anyone else had
                > problems logging in to the staging area?

                Ourmedia is on full-effect.
                testing is still going on.
                its an incredibly complex project being wokred on by volunteers.
                the problem right now is the "last mile".
                little bugs.
                so no promise of a timeline...but i have faith.

                Jay
              • JD Lasica
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 28, 2005
                  > Has anyone else had problems logging in to the staging area?

                  We're now on http://ourmedia.org instead of staging.ourmedia.org.

                  The log-in and password are the same (coming down in a few days):

                  login: ourmedia
                  password: 0urm3d14
                  (a zero, not an O)

                  Please do come on by and do some alpha testing -- check out the
                  videos, dive into the Forums. It's all good (and it'll all remain
                  intact when we go live.)

                  Ping our moderators -- including Jay, Ryanne, Raymond, Thomas W. and
                  Michael S. -- if you see anything wrong. :~) We're still ironing out
                  the kinks, tho.

                  jd lasica

                  "Be the media."
                • Michael Sullivan
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 28, 2005
                    Also, if you do spot problems and report it... make mention of your
                    OS/Browser versions et all that good stuff.
                    thnx.
                    sull

                    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:41:16 -0800, JD Lasica <jdlasica@...> wrote:

                    > > Has anyone else had problems logging in to the staging area?
                    >
                    > We're now on http://ourmedia.org instead of staging.ourmedia.org.
                    >
                    > The log-in and password are the same (coming down in a few days):
                    >
                    > login: ourmedia
                    > password: 0urm3d14
                    > (a zero, not an O)
                    >
                    > Please do come on by and do some alpha testing -- check out the
                    > videos, dive into the Forums. It's all good (and it'll all remain
                    > intact when we go live.)
                    >
                    > Ping our moderators -- including Jay, Ryanne, Raymond, Thomas W. and
                    > Michael S. -- if you see anything wrong. :~) We're still ironing out
                    > the kinks, tho.
                    >
                    > jd lasica
                    >
                    > "Be the media."

                    ~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~
                    i n t e r d i g i t a t e . c o m
                    =====================
                  • Harold Johnson
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 28, 2005
                      Thanks, JD. I guess the ID I created at Ourmedia doesn't work, then?
                      I tested it on a Drupal site and it worked fine.

                      Harold

                      On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 02:41:16 -0800, JD Lasica <jdlasica@...> wrote:
                      > > Has anyone else had problems logging in to the staging area?
                      >
                      > We're now on http://ourmedia.org instead of staging.ourmedia.org.
                      >
                      > The log-in and password are the same (coming down in a few days):
                      >
                      > login: ourmedia
                      > password: 0urm3d14
                      > (a zero, not an O)
                      >
                      > Please do come on by and do some alpha testing -- check out the
                      > videos, dive into the Forums. It's all good (and it'll all remain
                      > intact when we go live.)
                      >
                      > Ping our moderators -- including Jay, Ryanne, Raymond, Thomas W. and
                      > Michael S. -- if you see anything wrong. :~) We're still ironing out
                      > the kinks, tho.
                      >
                      > jd lasica
                      >
                      > "Be the media."
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • Harold Johnson
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 28, 2005
                        It looks like once I'm logged in using the ourmedia/0urm3d14 login,
                        I'm able to login using the username/password combo I registered in
                        January. Coolness.

                        Harold

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 7 6:26 AM
                          interesting news from JD.
                          http://www.ourmedia.org/node/26306

                          jay

                            That's great! ... Contratulations JD and OURMEDIA!!!!

                            On 7/7/05, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:
                            > interesting news from JD.
                            > http://www.ourmedia.org/node/26306
                            >
                            > jay