Anyone going to the Winnies in LA?

  • Heath
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 30, 2007
      I know this is probably to early to ask this question for this group as
      it seems most things are done pretty last minute... ;) but I was
      wondering who/if anyone was going to the Winnies. (the thing Irina is
      putting together, I hope) I have tickets and I know Susan and Eric are
      coming but who else is? I am trying to find someone else to split room
      costs with. Eric is staying with me and my wife, but this trip is
      a "tad" exspensive for me, so I was hoping to find at least one other
      person....so....who's going?

      Heath
      http://batmangeek.com
    • Irina
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2007
        hey heath!

        so glad you are sending a message about this!

        we are almost like 5 mins away from posting the website

        and talked to about 3 more people who agreed to sponsor
        (tony katz, god bless him, said "who do i write the check to?")

        if you havent heard from anyone yet, i'm sure we'll help u find a place to
        stay!

        --
        http://geekentertainment.tv

      • Heath
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
          this is one LONG 5 minutes... ;) or am I just looking in the wrong
          place?

          Heath
          http://batmangeek.com

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Irina <irinaski@...> wrote:

          > hey heath!
          >
          > so glad you are sending a message about this!
          >
          > we are almost like 5 mins away from posting the website
          >
          > and talked to about 3 more people who agreed to sponsor
          > (tony katz, god bless him, said "who do i write the check to?")
          >
          > if you havent heard from anyone yet, i'm sure we'll help u find a
          place to
          > stay!
          >

          > On 9/30/07, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I know this is probably to early to ask this question for this
          group as
          > > it seems most things are done pretty last minute... ;) but I was
          > > wondering who/if anyone was going to the Winnies. (the thing
          Irina is
          > > putting together, I hope) I have tickets and I know Susan and
          Eric are
          > > coming but who else is? I am trying to find someone else to split
          room
          > > costs with. Eric is staying with me and my wife, but this trip is
          > > a "tad" exspensive for me, so I was hoping to find at least one
          other
          > > person....so....who's going?
          > >
          > > Heath
          > > http://batmangeek.com
          > >

          > --
          > http://geekentertainment.tv

        • Irina
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
            5 minutes in russia is like 5 years in the gulag!

            there is no information on the site other than

            Dec. 1 LA

            6 pm Red Carpet

            7 pm Cocktail Houor

            8 pm Stage Show and Awards

            10 pm PARTY!

            On 10/2/07, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:

            > this is one LONG 5 minutes... ;) or am I just looking in the wrong
            > place?
            >
            > Heath
            > http://batmangeek.com

            > Irina <irinaski@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > hey heath!
            > >
            > > so glad you are sending a message about this!
            > >
            > > we are almost like 5 mins away from posting the website
            > >
            > > and talked to about 3 more people who agreed to sponsor
            > > (tony katz, god bless him, said "who do i write the check to?")
            > >
            > > if you havent heard from anyone yet, i'm sure we'll help u find a
            > place to
            > > stay!
            > >

            > > On 9/30/07, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I know this is probably to early to ask this question for this
            > group as
            > > > it seems most things are done pretty last minute... ;) but I was
            > > > wondering who/if anyone was going to the Winnies. (the thing
            > Irina is
            > > > putting together, I hope) I have tickets and I know Susan and
            > Eric are
            > > > coming but who else is? I am trying to find someone else to split
            > room
            > > > costs with. Eric is staying with me and my wife, but this trip is
            > > > a "tad" exspensive for me, so I was hoping to find at least one
            > other
            > > > person....so....who's going?
            > > >
            > > > Heath
            > > > http://batmangeek.com
            > > >

            > > --
            > > http://geekentertainment.tv

            http://geekentertainment.tv

          • Heath
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
              As long as my wife doesn't slap me, I am going to give you a big hug
              Irina... ;)

            • Chumley
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
                I'd love to go, probably a bit expensive for me to fly out there
                though unfortunately. I'll decide once Irina gets more info up on the
                page.

                Then again I could get off my butt and join the mailing list. I think
                I'll go do that.

                Rev. Chumley
                Cult of UHF

                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <heathparks@...> wrote:

                > I know this is probably to early to ask this question for this group as
                > it seems most things are done pretty last minute... ;) but I was
                > wondering who/if anyone was going to the Winnies. (the thing Irina is
                > putting together, I hope) I have tickets and I know Susan and Eric are
                > coming but who else is? I am trying to find someone else to split room
                > costs with. Eric is staying with me and my wife, but this trip is
                > a "tad" exspensive for me, so I was hoping to find at least one other
                > person....so....who's going?
                >
                > Heath
                > http://batmangeek.com

              • Irina
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 2, 2007
                  dont worry!

                  its always too expensive but its always worth it!

                  and dont u want to go to the thrift store to buy a light blue tuxedo?

                  i am going to have my super drag queen gay friends make me a copy of
                  a fancy pants hollywood dress!

                  (btw, the tailor's nickname in my hood is "bruiser")

                  --
                  http://geekentertainment.tv

                • David Meade
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 19, 2007
                    I'm gonna go. I haven't figured out when or where I'll stay etc yet though ...

                    Is there a hotel that is gonna be "home base" for many folks like
                    there was at pixelodeon? Magic Castle?

                    Other than Saturday night, are there other 'unofficial" gatherings I
                    should want to be in town for?

                    - Dave

                    --
                    http://www.DavidMeade.com
                  • Heath
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 19, 2007
                      I'm going to get a room at the Magic Castle, Eric and Susan are
                      staying with us I think. Glenna and I are coming in Thursday night
                      and probably leaving Monday....never been to LA so....

                      I could always get a bigger room to split though ;)

                      Heath
                      http://batmangeek.com
                      http://mobilevlog.blopspot.com

                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Meade" <meade.dave@...>
                      wrote:

                      > I'm gonna go. I haven't figured out when or where I'll stay etc
                      yet though ...

                      > Is there a hotel that is gonna be "home base" for many folks like
                      > there was at pixelodeon? Magic Castle?
                      >
                      > Other than Saturday night, are there other 'unofficial" gatherings I
                      > should want to be in town for?
                      >

                      > - Dave
                      >

                      > --
                      > http://www.DavidMeade.com

                    • David Howell
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 19, 2007
                        While it would be a fun trip and great to see people there, I wont be
                        going. One trip to L.A. a year is about all my pocketbook can handle.

                        David
                        http://www.davidhowellstudios.com

                        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <heathparks@...> wrote:

                        > I'm going to get a room at the Magic Castle, Eric and Susan are
                        > staying with us I think. Glenna and I are coming in Thursday night
                        > and probably leaving Monday....never been to LA so....
                        >
                        > I could always get a bigger room to split though ;)
                        >
                        > Heath
                        > http://batmangeek.com
                        > http://mobilevlog.blopspot.com
                        >
                        > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Meade" <meade.dave@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I'm gonna go. I haven't figured out when or where I'll stay etc
                        > yet though ...
                        > >
                        > > Is there a hotel that is gonna be "home base" for many folks like
                        > > there was at pixelodeon? Magic Castle?
                        > >
                        > > Other than Saturday night, are there other 'unofficial" gatherings I
                        > > should want to be in town for?
                        > >

                        > > - Dave
                        > >

                        > > --
                        > > http://www.DavidMeade.com

                      • Heath
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 19, 2007
                          Guess I will have to raise a glass to you this time then... ;)

                          Heath

                          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@...>
                          wrote:

                          > While it would be a fun trip and great to see people there, I wont
                          be
                          > going. One trip to L.A. a year is about all my pocketbook can
                          handle.

                          > David
                          > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
                          >
                          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <heathparks@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I'm going to get a room at the Magic Castle, Eric and Susan are
                          > > staying with us I think. Glenna and I are coming in Thursday
                          night
                          > > and probably leaving Monday....never been to LA so....
                          > >
                          > > I could always get a bigger room to split though ;)
                          > >
                          > > Heath
                          > > http://batmangeek.com
                          > > http://mobilevlog.blopspot.com
                          > >
                          > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Meade" <meade.dave@>
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > I'm gonna go. I haven't figured out when or where I'll stay
                          etc
                          > > yet though ...
                          > > >
                          > > > Is there a hotel that is gonna be "home base" for many folks
                          like
                          > > > there was at pixelodeon? Magic Castle?
                          > > >
                          > > > Other than Saturday night, are there other 'unofficial"
                          gatherings I
                          > > > should want to be in town for?
                          > > >

                          > > > - Dave
                          > > >

                          > > > --
                          > > > http://www.DavidMeade.com

                        • David Meade
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 19, 2007
                            ok I'm all booked up! woo hoo!

                            On 10/19/07, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:
                            > Guess I will have to raise a glass to you this time then... ;)
                            >
                            > Heath
                            >
                            > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@...>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > While it would be a fun trip and great to see people there, I wont
                            > be
                            > > going. One trip to L.A. a year is about all my pocketbook can
                            > handle.
                            > >
                            > > David
                            > > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
                            > >
                            > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Heath" <heathparks@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > I'm going to get a room at the Magic Castle, Eric and Susan are
                            > > > staying with us I think. Glenna and I are coming in Thursday
                            > night
                            > > > and probably leaving Monday....never been to LA so....
                            > > >
                            > > > I could always get a bigger room to split though ;)
                            > > >
                            > > > Heath
                            > > > http://batmangeek.com
                            > > > http://mobilevlog.blopspot.com
                            > > >
                            > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Meade" <meade.dave@>