Re: Vlog Europe 2007 - Final Report

  • lebauerski74
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2007
      Had a great time this weekend guys! shall finally have time to edit
      some footage tomorrow as I have been overloaded with work since I got
      back. Looking forward to next year! whats it gonna be Paris? Annecy?
      Copenhagen? :)

      Thank all you guys for organizing the event and see you soon!

      cheers

      Gabe B.

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Taylor"
      <thejeffreytaylor@...> wrote:

      > Just thought I'd communicate a bit with everyone to "complete" Vlog
      Europe
      > 2007, say some things that should be said, and tell you about what's
      next.

      > First, the links:
      >
      > Video uploads from the event: http://vlogeurope.blip.tv There's more
      tagged
      > videos to see at: http://blip.tv/posts?search=vlogeurope07 , which we'll
      > move over to the main site as soon as we can.
      >
      > You can see the photos pouring in on the flickr site here:
      > http://flickr.com/photos/tags/vlogeurope07/
      >
      > Next, the weekend:
      >
      > We had a great event. Halle_02, our venue, was fantastic, and we were
      > thrilled to broadcast the event with our sponsor BlogTV.com and see some
      > visitors that couldn't make it to Heidelberg like Richard Bluestein,
      David
      > Howell, and about 100-150 others throughout the day. We couldn't
      record the
      > sessions on BlogTV due to technical limits within Firefox (crashed our
      > browsers every time we hit record), but there is footage of the sessions
      > that will eventually make it to the Blip site.
      >
      > We covered a lot of ground in the sessions on Saturday, including
      Aske Dam's
      > presentation on evolving public media, the inevitable money
      conversation,
      > great software/gear discussions that included presentations from our
      sponsor
      > Sanyo on the Xacti, and a really great session in which we curated our
      > favorite videoblogs in real-time. We were a small group, but the
      > conversations were among the most powerful I have seen in a conference
      > setting and everyone played a starring role as the day unfolded.
      >
      > Day 2 was a "Vlog Treasure Hunt" in Heidelberg. I could say lots on
      this but
      > think Jan's video explains it best: http://blip.tv/file/364227/ The
      video
      > results are trickling in as we get home and have editing time.
      >
      > Some things to say:
      >
      > Firstly. I don't think Deirdré Straughan and Andreas Haugstrup
      Petersen were
      > thanked enough for their organization of VlogEurope '06. Having just
      done
      > this one, I understand what a major undertaking this is and have
      oftentimes
      > thought about how little gratitude you two received in return. Your
      efforts
      > were not unnoticed and were most definitely not taken for granted.
      >
      > Next, we really want to thank our sponsors BlogTV.com , the Sanyo
      Xacti and
      > Voicebank, TechSmith Screencasting software, and Blip. All of you
      have been
      > really great to us, really easy to work with and have taken a true
      stand for
      > the videoblogging community. Your support will pay dividends that
      have only
      > begun to unfold.
      >
      > I also want to thank Joel Carner (http://joelart.blip.tv) for
      opening up his
      > well-appointed home to us, giving up lots of time for the event, and for
      > getting it together.
      >
      > Also thanks to Jan McLaughlin (http://fauxpress.blogspot.com) for
      jumping in
      > and getting all the audiovisual issues handled.
      >
      > And Raymond Kristensen (http://dltq.org) is someone all of you
      should know.
      > I don't know anyone else more committed to videoblogging in Europe.
      He spent
      > the entire weekend creating a foundation for a bigger, better and more
      > impactful Vlog Europe, and I really look forward to helping him
      fulfill his
      > goal of having a strong independent videoblogging organization in
      Europe.