Re: Videoblogging videoconference for 6 hours today! VlogEurope welcomed!

  • Harold
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1 4:52 PM
      Thanks to border (Dave), VlogEurope (particularly, Raymond and
      Jeffrey), and John Leeke (
      http://www.historichomeworks.com/hhw/video/rftf.htm ) for stopping by
      this impromptu FlashMeeting. We chatted a bit about VlogEurope (
      http://www.vlogeurope.com/ ), Silverlight versus Flash, and
      yardwork. Aside from these spontaneous meetings, I'm still
      considering Monday afternoons/nights (US time) as a regular
      FlashMeeting for videobloggers, since that's the time I'm certain to
      be home and online. I'll keep you posted (but not waiting for two
      months again; it took me awhile to get my FlashMeeting Booker User
      account, but *that* long)!

      Also, do we have another location for the wiki for these meetings,
      since the former one hosted at VoxMedia is no longer available? I
      can set one up easily enough; just wanted to be sure there's not
      another already out there.

      Thanks,
      Harold

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Harold" <harold.johnson@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > My sincerest apologies for not keeping to my end of the deal in
      > maintaining (y)our tradition of FlashMeeting videoconference
      > sessions. I woke up today and realized that it's time...So I've
      set
      > up my webcam and booked a meeting in FlashMeeting and while I was
      > digging around this group I realized that today is VlogEurope! So
      > it's a perfect day for us to utilize FlashMeeting to keep in touch
      > with european vloggers today, in real time...Also, lo and behold!
      > It's PodCamp UK today as well! So rather than book a one-hour or
      two-
      > hour session, I've gone ahead and booked us for the max., a six-
      hour
      > FlashMeeting videoconference.
      >
      > http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/public/1135
      >
      > So stop by at any time throughout the day; I could use some help in
      > moderating/attending the meeting, just in case things get out of
      hand
      > while I'm on a restroom break or something. I plan on attending
      the
      > whole day -- or at least, watching/moderating the meeting -- but in
      > case I fall asleep while waiting for someone to check in, it'd be
      > helpful to have someone else to tag-team moderate with.
      >
      > Again:
      >
      > http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/public/1135
      >
      > This FlashMeeting begins at 18:00 GMT, which is 1 PM Eastern/10 AM
      > Pacific. Only 8 minutes away as I'm typing this. Time for a quick
      > smoke and then it's off to meet with y'all!
      >
      > Here's the URL, for the third time:
      >
      > http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/public/1135
      >
      > Harold
      > P.S. Don't worry, my personality won't be taking over this meeting;
      > I'll do my best to be the benevolent landlord.

    • johnleeke
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2 11:47 AM
        Thanks for stepping up to the plate on vlog meeting setup.

        I think Sandy Markus does the VoxMedia Wiki where the meetings used to
        be posted. Perhaps he can repost that page. I found it very useful as
        an index to past vlog meetings going back a couple of years.

        When you book a FlashMeeting be sure to check the "Syndicate the
        recording" and "Make the live meeting public" boxes, which assures the
        meeting goes out on the RSS feed, and is listed in Public
        FlashMeetings.

        When you post the URL to the meeting, be sure it goes to the "Meeting
        Details" webpage, in the format like this:

        http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/fm/??????-????

        from this page others will have access to the meeting and the replay
        afterwards.

        take care, do good works and keep in touch

        John
        by hammer and hand great works do stand
        by cam and light he shoots it right

        www.HistoricHomeWorks.com
      • Harold Johnson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3 8:47 PM
          Thanks for the tips, John. I'm still getting booted from FlashMeeting quite
          frequently -- any idea why this would occur? I seem to have a decent DSL
          connection. In fact, just webcasted for an hour just prior to my
          FlashMeeting tonight (it's Monday), and don't believe I had any problems
          uploading that. (Of course, that was audio, and so I probably didn't push
          nearly as many bits out as with the video FlashMeeting.)

          Harold