Videoblogging videoconference for 6 hours today! VlogEurope welcomed!

  • Harold
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
      Hello all,

      My sincerest apologies for not keeping to my end of the deal in
      maintaining (y)our tradition of FlashMeeting videoconference
      sessions. I woke up today and realized that it's time...So I've set
      up my webcam and booked a meeting in FlashMeeting and while I was
      digging around this group I realized that today is VlogEurope! So
      it's a perfect day for us to utilize FlashMeeting to keep in touch
      with european vloggers today, in real time...Also, lo and behold!
      It's PodCamp UK today as well! So rather than book a one-hour or two-
      hour session, I've gone ahead and booked us for the max., a six-hour
      FlashMeeting videoconference.

      http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/public/1135

      So stop by at any time throughout the day; I could use some help in
      moderating/attending the meeting, just in case things get out of hand
      while I'm on a restroom break or something. I plan on attending the
      whole day -- or at least, watching/moderating the meeting -- but in
      case I fall asleep while waiting for someone to check in, it'd be
      helpful to have someone else to tag-team moderate with.

      Again:

      http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/public/1135

      This FlashMeeting begins at 18:00 GMT, which is 1 PM Eastern/10 AM
      Pacific. Only 8 minutes away as I'm typing this. Time for a quick
      smoke and then it's off to meet with y'all!

      Here's the URL, for the third time:

      http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/public/1135

      Harold
      P.S. Don't worry, my personality won't be taking over this meeting;
      I'll do my best to be the benevolent landlord.
    • Harold
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2007
        Thanks to border (Dave), VlogEurope (particularly, Raymond and
        Jeffrey), and John Leeke (
        http://www.historichomeworks.com/hhw/video/rftf.htm ) for stopping by
        this impromptu FlashMeeting. We chatted a bit about VlogEurope (
        http://www.vlogeurope.com/ ), Silverlight versus Flash, and
        yardwork. Aside from these spontaneous meetings, I'm still
        considering Monday afternoons/nights (US time) as a regular
        FlashMeeting for videobloggers, since that's the time I'm certain to
        be home and online. I'll keep you posted (but not waiting for two
        months again; it took me awhile to get my FlashMeeting Booker User
        account, but *that* long)!

        Also, do we have another location for the wiki for these meetings,
        since the former one hosted at VoxMedia is no longer available? I
        can set one up easily enough; just wanted to be sure there's not
        another already out there.

        Thanks,
        Harold

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Harold" <harold.johnson@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > My sincerest apologies for not keeping to my end of the deal in
        > maintaining (y)our tradition of FlashMeeting videoconference
        > sessions. I woke up today and realized that it's time...So I've
        set
        > up my webcam and booked a meeting in FlashMeeting and while I was
        > digging around this group I realized that today is VlogEurope! So
        > it's a perfect day for us to utilize FlashMeeting to keep in touch
        > with european vloggers today, in real time...Also, lo and behold!
        > It's PodCamp UK today as well! So rather than book a one-hour or
        two-
        > hour session, I've gone ahead and booked us for the max., a six-
        hour
        > FlashMeeting videoconference.
        >
        > http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/public/1135
        >
        > So stop by at any time throughout the day; I could use some help in
        > moderating/attending the meeting, just in case things get out of
        hand
        > while I'm on a restroom break or something. I plan on attending
        the
        > whole day -- or at least, watching/moderating the meeting -- but in
        > case I fall asleep while waiting for someone to check in, it'd be
        > helpful to have someone else to tag-team moderate with.
        >
        > Again:
        >
        > http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/public/1135
        >
        > This FlashMeeting begins at 18:00 GMT, which is 1 PM Eastern/10 AM
        > Pacific. Only 8 minutes away as I'm typing this. Time for a quick
        > smoke and then it's off to meet with y'all!
        >
        > Here's the URL, for the third time:
        >
        > http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/public/1135
        >
        > Harold
        > P.S. Don't worry, my personality won't be taking over this meeting;
        > I'll do my best to be the benevolent landlord.

      • johnleeke
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2007
          Thanks for stepping up to the plate on vlog meeting setup.

          I think Sandy Markus does the VoxMedia Wiki where the meetings used to
          be posted. Perhaps he can repost that page. I found it very useful as
          an index to past vlog meetings going back a couple of years.

          When you book a FlashMeeting be sure to check the "Syndicate the
          recording" and "Make the live meeting public" boxes, which assures the
          meeting goes out on the RSS feed, and is listed in Public
          FlashMeetings.

          When you post the URL to the meeting, be sure it goes to the "Meeting
          Details" webpage, in the format like this:

          http://flashmeeting.open.ac.uk/fm/??????-????

          from this page others will have access to the meeting and the replay
          afterwards.

          take care, do good works and keep in touch

          John
          by hammer and hand great works do stand
          by cam and light he shoots it right

          www.HistoricHomeWorks.com
        • Harold Johnson
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3, 2007
            Thanks for the tips, John. I'm still getting booted from FlashMeeting quite
            frequently -- any idea why this would occur? I seem to have a decent DSL
            connection. In fact, just webcasted for an hour just prior to my
            FlashMeeting tonight (it's Monday), and don't believe I had any problems
            uploading that. (Of course, that was audio, and so I probably didn't push
            nearly as many bits out as with the video FlashMeeting.)

            Harold