Re: [videoblogging] Blip.TV and multi-format feeds

  • Kary Rogers
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
      You can build a feed out of just about anything on blip.

      Maybe these will help:

      Good luck,

      --
      Kary Rogers
      http://karyhead.com

      On Aug 2, 2007, at 9:05 AM, Wil Harris wrote:

      > OK, here's a conundrum for ya:
      >
      > I'm about to launch three new video podcasts, and after plenty of
      > searching around for a hosting platform / CDN, it seems to me like
      > Blip.TV not only has a good rep amongst video bloggers, but also
      > offers pretty much everything anyone could require.
      >
      > Since the shows are going to be for geeks, I like the fact that Blip
      > allows you to upload multiple versions of the same show in different
      > formats - eg I can upload a standard .mov, an .m4v designed for iPod,
      > a .avi designed for Windows, a divx version, an HD version for
      > AppleTV etc. Blip even gives you a direct link to each of these
      > files so that you can post the direct viewing/download links on a
      > blog, or wherever. By doing this you can maintain one show page with
      > all the different versions.
      >
      > Here's the thing: as far as I can tell, I can't make individual feeds
      > for each of those versions. If I click the RSS button for my show,
      > it seems to just show me the original file I uploaded. If I click
      > the iTunes version of the feed, it gives me the low-res iPod version
      > I uploaded, which is no good if you want to sub on an AppleTV and
      > want the HD version.
      >
      > Is there any way to make blip generate an RSS feed (compatible with
      > iTunes or not) for each individual version of the show? That way,
      > readers could subscribe directly to the HD version, the iPod version,
      > the Divx version, whatever.
      >
      > Or am I off my rocker?
      >
      > Cheers chaps,
      >
      > Wil
      > ChannelFlip.com

    • Wil Harris
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
        You guys rock!!

        Wil.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2007
          > Is there any way to make blip generate an RSS feed (compatible with
          > iTunes or not) for each individual version of the show? That way,
          > readers could subscribe directly to the HD version, the iPod version,
          > the Divx version, whatever.
          > Or am I off my rocker?

          just use vPIP which was created by Enric.
          http://vpip.org/

          its especially great for Wordpress.
          he just updated it for showinabox.tv that now automatically generates
          all the different RSS feeds you want. Its pretty awesome.

          Here I am....
          http://jaydedman.com
          917 371 6790

          Check out http://ryanishungry.com
          Two videos a week documenting the Green movement in all its different forms.
        • John Coffey
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2007
            Jen Simmons just hooked vPIP up on my Wordpress site
            and I love it! Thankyou Enric!
            jchtv dot com

            Jimmy CraicHead TVVideo Podcast about Sailing, Travel, Craic and Cocktails www.jchtv.com