Re: Blip.TV and multi-format feeds

  • Bill Cammack
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
      Check out the blip user group:

      billcammack

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Wil Harris <wil@...> wrote:

      > OK, here's a conundrum for ya:
      >
      > I'm about to launch three new video podcasts, and after plenty of
      > searching around for a hosting platform / CDN, it seems to me like
      > Blip.TV not only has a good rep amongst video bloggers, but also
      > offers pretty much everything anyone could require.
      >
      > Since the shows are going to be for geeks, I like the fact that Blip
      > allows you to upload multiple versions of the same show in different
      > formats - eg I can upload a standard .mov, an .m4v designed for iPod,
      > a .avi designed for Windows, a divx version, an HD version for
      > AppleTV etc. Blip even gives you a direct link to each of these
      > files so that you can post the direct viewing/download links on a
      > blog, or wherever. By doing this you can maintain one show page with
      > all the different versions.
      >
      > Here's the thing: as far as I can tell, I can't make individual feeds
      > for each of those versions. If I click the RSS button for my show,
      > it seems to just show me the original file I uploaded. If I click
      > the iTunes version of the feed, it gives me the low-res iPod version
      > I uploaded, which is no good if you want to sub on an AppleTV and
      > want the HD version.
      >
      > Is there any way to make blip generate an RSS feed (compatible with
      > iTunes or not) for each individual version of the show? That way,
      > readers could subscribe directly to the HD version, the iPod version,
      > the Divx version, whatever.
      >
      > Or am I off my rocker?
      >
      > Cheers chaps,
      >
      > Wil
      > ChannelFlip.com

    • Kary Rogers
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
        You can build a feed out of just about anything on blip.

        Maybe these will help:

        Good luck,

        --
        Kary Rogers
        http://karyhead.com

        On Aug 2, 2007, at 9:05 AM, Wil Harris wrote:

        > OK, here's a conundrum for ya:
        >
        > I'm about to launch three new video podcasts, and after plenty of
        > searching around for a hosting platform / CDN, it seems to me like
        > Blip.TV not only has a good rep amongst video bloggers, but also
        > offers pretty much everything anyone could require.
        >
        > Since the shows are going to be for geeks, I like the fact that Blip
        > allows you to upload multiple versions of the same show in different
        > formats - eg I can upload a standard .mov, an .m4v designed for iPod,
        > a .avi designed for Windows, a divx version, an HD version for
        > AppleTV etc. Blip even gives you a direct link to each of these
        > files so that you can post the direct viewing/download links on a
        > blog, or wherever. By doing this you can maintain one show page with
        > all the different versions.
        >
        > Here's the thing: as far as I can tell, I can't make individual feeds
        > for each of those versions. If I click the RSS button for my show,
        > it seems to just show me the original file I uploaded. If I click
        > the iTunes version of the feed, it gives me the low-res iPod version
        > I uploaded, which is no good if you want to sub on an AppleTV and
        > want the HD version.
        >
        > Is there any way to make blip generate an RSS feed (compatible with
        > iTunes or not) for each individual version of the show? That way,
        > readers could subscribe directly to the HD version, the iPod version,
        > the Divx version, whatever.
        >
        > Or am I off my rocker?
        >
        > Cheers chaps,
        >
        > Wil
        > ChannelFlip.com

      • Wil Harris
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2007
          You guys rock!!

          Wil.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2007
            > Is there any way to make blip generate an RSS feed (compatible with
            > iTunes or not) for each individual version of the show? That way,
            > readers could subscribe directly to the HD version, the iPod version,
            > the Divx version, whatever.
            > Or am I off my rocker?

            just use vPIP which was created by Enric.
            http://vpip.org/

            its especially great for Wordpress.
            he just updated it for showinabox.tv that now automatically generates
            all the different RSS feeds you want. Its pretty awesome.

            Here I am....
            http://jaydedman.com
            917 371 6790

            Check out http://ryanishungry.com
            Two videos a week documenting the Green movement in all its different forms.
          • John Coffey
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2007
              Jen Simmons just hooked vPIP up on my Wordpress site
              and I love it! Thankyou Enric!
              jchtv dot com

              Jimmy CraicHead TVVideo Podcast about Sailing, Travel, Craic and Cocktails www.jchtv.com