Feed up and running

  • Andreas Haugstrup
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2004
      Hi People!

      I hacked together a feed for the Videblogging Week people. I haven't
      taken character encodings and time zones into account so I'm pretty
      sure that there can be some funkyness going on in regards to that.
      We'll see how it turns out. It might not become a problem at all.

      I have added the following feeds:
      - Peter's "Guide to Ease"
      - Jay's "Momentshowing"
      - Steve Garfield's Videoblog
      - Eric Rice (I have added "Main Site" feed. Let me know if that's the
      wrong one! You're not showing up on the site because you haven't
      posted yet.)

      If anyone else is participating or will be participating send your
      feed URL to the list so I can add you.

      Of course my hosting company has decided to *downgrade* the PHP
      version so I can't run it on my own domain (this reminds me once
      again
      to switch hosts). For now Aalborg University is providing space.

      I have set up a easy to remember forward at: <http://www.solitude
      dk/archives/vog-week/>

      On that page you can view the feeds in your browser if you don't like
      aggregators. It's just a normal webpage explaining what it's all
      about.

      The solitude.dk will be the permanent address after the week has
      passed (hopefully my quick script will save all entries). So link to
      that one and not the university URL, please.

      The direct link to the RSS (2.0) feed is: <http://www.hum.aau
      dk/~ahpe01/vog-week/feed.php>
      It's the university hosting so I don't care much, but don't hit it
      more than once per hour.

      Jay encouraged me to participate myself and while I would love to I
      don't have access to anything that can record a video. I'm not rich
      like all you guys. :o)

      Have fun videoblogging!

      - Andreas

      PS. If anyone in the future wants to work with RSS and PHP I can
      recommend MagpieRSS. It's as easy as scratching your...
      <http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/>

      --
      Personal: http://www.solitude.dk/